cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay refuses to enforce their duplicate listing violation policy

Check these out...I keep getting told that it's on a case by case basis. What??? I've gone through all these listings with a number of reps in the dept that actually handles these violations. For the past several months, I either get told "we'll take care of this" (Not), or "we deal with this on a case by case basis". eBay is very selective on which sellers get red carpet treatment and who doesn't.

I was searching MENE statues when I got hit with 100's of repro's with the same photos but, different user ID's, all based out of NY. The seller has a bunch of id's but they're all linked, so that still would flag the items for the violation under normal conditions, plus they violate the policy within the accounts with dupes. Nice to see that eBay has its favorites that it lets flood a cat., and get away with not having to follow the rules like the rest of us.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=16&_nkw=mene&_pgn=2&_skc=200&rt=nc

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

As long as they pay the ebay fees ebay does not care. If they even slightly cared there would be no chinese scammers but they are the biggest posters here. Ever see a chinese seller come here complaining about getting ripped off??

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@dabunk2000wrote:

As long as they pay the ebay fees ebay does not care. If they even slightly cared there would be no chinese scammers but they are the biggest posters here. Ever see a chinese seller come here complaining about getting ripped off??

That's because they sell on eBay, and buy on Alibaba. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Buyers on eBay don't realize that another reason so many items on eBay are sold so cheap by Chinese sellers, is because they were handled by the 10's of million child slave laborers in China. Their costs of production, all the way to the point of shipping is so low due to this factor. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Sadly so is most of the ### sold at Walmart but no one cares out of sight out of mind

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

As well as many other policies.  It depends on the offender.  What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

Check these out...I keep getting told that it's on a case by case basis. What??? I've gone through all these listings with a number of reps in the dept that actually handles these violations. For the past several months, I either get told "we'll take care of this" (Not), or "we deal with this on a case by case basis". eBay is very selective on which sellers get red carpet treatment and who doesn't.

I was searching MENE statues when I got hit with 100's of repro's with the same photos but, different user ID's, all based out of NY. The seller has a bunch of id's but they're all linked, so that still would flag the items for the violation under normal conditions, plus they violate the policy within the accounts with dupes. Nice to see that eBay has its favorites that it lets flood a cat., and get away with not having to follow the rules like the rest of us.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=16&_nkw=mene&_pgn=2&_skc=200&rt=nc

I go through this all the time on eBay Motors. I am sick of it. It's a colossal waste of time, especially since the megapages of Chinese duplicates always seem to have very little relevance to what I'm actually searching for.

THIS is why I am shopping elsewhere for a lot of my parts these days. I don't have hours to waste sourcing stuff.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@gramophone-georgwrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

I go through this all the time on eBay Motors. I am sick of it. It's a colossal waste of time, especially since the megapages of Chinese duplicates always seem to have very little relevance to what I'm actually searching for.

THIS is why I am shopping elsewhere for a lot of my parts these days. I don't have hours to waste sourcing stuff.

You'll get whacked from eBay for 1 or 2 many accidental dup's out of 100's or 1000's of listings, while sellers like this one can do 100's of dup's with nothing but encouragement by eBay due to their inaction.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@where*you*crowinwrote:

As well as many other policies.  It depends on the offender.  What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

Everything eBay does nowadays, is selective. I've watched them frame explanations about rules in a way that while conflicting with their own policy, will serve their own interests at the moment. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

ebay won't do anything, they don't care, there's alot of stuff I don't sell anymore because its there's no money in it. Sad part is ebay is losing tons of money and just turns a blind eye
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@tsme35wrote:
ebay won't do anything, they don't care, there's alot of stuff I don't sell anymore because its there's no money in it. Sad part is ebay is losing tons of money and just turns a blind eye

Only when they want too. I don't think that they care that they lose money from a certain class of buyer/seller on the site. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I wonder why there's a couple of jewellery items included in those search results? Think it was page 3 or 4 maybe.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
I wonder why there's a couple of jewellery items included in those search results? Think it was page 3 or 4 maybe.

It's because it has MENE in the item specific MPN. Search uses not only keywords, but words and characters embedded in the Cond and Description boxes, item specifics, and also the Cat. or sub cat. titles.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Well I'm not really into that type of bronze anyway but tbh that has to be one of the more boring search results screens I've ever seen LOL

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
Well I'm not really into that type of bronze anyway but tbh that has to be one of the more boring search results screens I've ever seen LOL

I get 1000's for originals, so I always look for way under priced rarities, or HTF pieces. I picked one up a while back for about 30.00 and thought it was a 300.00 repro of a very rare piece at first glance. When I got it home and looked at it under good light, I discovered that it was an original worth between 7,000-10,000. Now it's part of my personal collection.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply