cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay: "Lower price on sold listing"

I sold a listing 5 days ago, last Friday. The buyer received it 2 days ago, on Monday. So today I get a suggestion to "Lower the price by 5%". That would be a 35 cent price cut, BUT the item is sold. After I typed in the subject (title) of this thread I went back to my Active Listings thinking they relisted the item. No.... they want me to cut the price to make it easier to sell.

UnBEEElievable.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@johnfduda wrote:

I sold a listing 5 days ago, last Friday. The buyer received it 2 days ago, on Monday. So today I get a suggestion to "Lower the price by 5%". That would be a 35 cent price cut, BUT the item is sold. After I typed in the subject (title) of this thread I went back to my Active Listings thinking they relisted the item. No.... they want me to cut the price to make it easier to sell.

UnBEEElievable.

The phrase I would use is STUPID ROBOTS!!  Robot LOL

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

@johnfduda wrote:

I sold a listing 5 days ago, last Friday. The buyer received it 2 days ago, on Monday. So today I get a suggestion to "Lower the price by 5%". That would be a 35 cent price cut, BUT the item is sold.  No.... they want me to cut the price to make it easier to sell.

UnBEEElievable.

Simply helps to create a unfavorable perception of ebay competence.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

@johnfduda wrote:

I sold a listing 5 days ago, last Friday. The buyer received it 2 days ago, on Monday. So today I get a suggestion to "Lower the price by 5%". That would be a 35 cent price cut, BUT the item is sold.  No.... they want me to cut the price to make it easier to sell.

UnBEEElievable.

Simply helps to create a unfavorable perception of ebay competence.

That'd be like having an unfavorable perception of tooth fairies or unicorns.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

How badly do you want these helpful ebay messages ?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay  is it really that hard to have the email bots programmed to check the status of the listing before sending these out?

It's no wonder we have such a low opinion of eBay's IT Dev department.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

If I were programming this message, I wouldn't bother checking to see if the listing is active. What I'd do is to dip into active listings and check for some other criterion, or just randomly send them to sellers of ACTIVE LISTINGS. How hard is this????

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

OMG, a minor programming glitch on a huge venue like eBay.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Maybe eBay brought in some school kids to give them the "Feel of working Hi Tech". You know, like grade school students. Let them do a little programming. What could go wrong.

If eBay can't tell which pile is sold and active listings how can we trust what we're getting when we do a search, or even worse, when the buyer looking for an item you sell does a search and your item isn't on it because the search results your buyer got were accidently from sold listings.

Who tests this work the kiddies are doing??

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I received a message from eBay this morning that says, Drop the Price to Make the Sale...items saved to shoppers' Watch lists...

There are 10 items shown in the message.

2 ended yesterday

1 sold on Apr 9th

4 are showing  0 watchers

3 actually do have watchers

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

tyler@ebay  is it really that hard to have the email bots programmed to check the status of the listing before sending these out?

It's no wonder we have such a low opinion of eBay's IT Dev department.

Hi @dtexley3 - thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll make sure this gets reported! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Got the same message on an item sold and delivered.

Meanwhile the items I now have listed just sit there - lots of lookers but no buyers.

Glad that our community has a well publisized community garage sale in early June.  If things do not improve on eBay  I think I"ll be cleaning out the warehouse!

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I relisted unsold items with a promo 2 weeks ago and an item I sold ( and had never relisted ) showed up 35.00 cheaper than I sold it for at BIN. Of course it sold again -- Nice buyer but ebay wouldn't let him cancell the item so I ended up eating my FVF or getting a defect - Nice chose

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

ou're not alone.

I desperately wanted to click to agree to lower the price but I don't want the buyer to get a notice that I lowered the price after the sale....

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

How badly do you want these helpful ebay messages ?

I’d rather eat ground glass ...

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply