cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is seeking new Community Mentors

If you are active on the community boards and are interested (in case you missed it) the details are found in "Featured Posts" on the right side of your screen (bright green square) "refresh your eBay store with Spring cleaning - seller tips.

Was surprised to see the announcement stated there  🙂

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: eBay is seeking new Community Mentors

It would be great to have some New Mentors, With due respect for the older ones, Some New Blood with better views & who are currently selling in this same atmosphere that we are & not from the past would be a breath of fresh air!

Message 16 of 106
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

As an aside, for those interested in applying there is no guarantee you will be accepted. 

Is Diversity Equity, Inclusion,  being utilized ?

Message 17 of 106
latest reply

I would do it but I do not want to be called an ebay shill. LOL!! YOU GET THAT BADGE AND EVERYBODY THINKS YOU are out to get them. LOL!! Also, I may not be able to complain too much. 

Message 18 of 106
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

With due respect *snip* with better views & who are currently selling in this same atmosphere that we are *snip*!

Some people use posting IDs so you really don't know who might have "better views" and are also "selling in this same atmosphere that we are."

Just because people don't agree with each other doesn't mean they're not dealing with the same "stuff" that you are and it doesn't mean they're ebay shills.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 106
latest reply

My opinion is, they should extend an invite to the program based on their own evaluation of a member, rather than have them apply.

Weeds out any potential troublemakers.  But that's my thoughts.

That or have it be community voted?  *shrug

I'm rather new to the forum in general, but have been on eBay for over 2 decades.  And I have been part of other forums, even was director for one for a couple of years that had about 60k members.

In some ways, its like having a non-paying job.  lol   But it can be rewarding to help others, as long as you are providing good, correct and relevant information.

Cheers!

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 20 of 106
latest reply

I would nominate a few of the posters who have been extremely helpful on here to me personally and to many others.

Message 21 of 106
latest reply

I already got this badge from eBay in 2020 for the celebration for 25th year…IMG_1161.png

Message 22 of 106
latest reply

Congrats!  My 25th is next year!  (for this account)

Message 23 of 106
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

No money, no preferred seating...but we get a cool badge! 

Seriously though, it's just about helping. 

Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges!
If "The Lounge" has an open bar though, I'm in!  

Message 24 of 106
latest reply

Typically, forums that have community helpers aren't restricted from complaining.

Its just that you need to be careful how you complain.  lol

Message 25 of 106
latest reply

So true, we have some at the top of the food chain....who don't even sell anymore...but always add their 2 cents into postings here. LOL.

Message 26 of 106
latest reply

My opinion is, they should extend an invite to the program based on their own evaluation of a member, rather than have them apply.

Weeds out any potential troublemakers.  But that's my thoughts.

Unless the process has changed those applying to reply on the "mentor board" are thoroughly vetted by reviewing their community performance so "troublemakers" would likely not pass muster.

Message 27 of 106
latest reply

Yeah, of course.  That would make sense.  😄

Message 28 of 106
latest reply

There was a time back in 2016 when some of us "lowlifes" snuck into the mentor posting program due to a coding error 😁 An update put an end to that. I was block from further participation. Not because of what I posted, but just because I had not actually been entered into the program.

Message 29 of 106
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I would do it but I do not want to be called an ebay shill. LOL!! YOU GET THAT BADGE AND EVERYBODY THINKS YOU are out to get them. LOL!! Also, I may not be able to complain too much. 

People will do that, anyway. I used to be a Mentor then I stopped being one but being called a 'shill' or 'employee' didn't change.  Having "rockstar" as a moniker seemed to trigger,as well. But then I got promoted:

Capture.JPG

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 106
latest reply