cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

I am a new seller on eBay although I’m not very tech savvy I can generally navigate eBay pretty well.. unfortunately their homepage is constantly down, always a kid wearing an orange parka popping up ..I have to walk away from eBay for a day or two before it allows me to go back into my selling center ..this is such a drag and such a bad impression to  a new seller trying to break into the selling business.. I cannot get any help from eBay whatsoever.. I hope you’re listening eBay whatsoever..!!! this is becoming quite the drag and I’m not the only person ,there are a lot of **bleep** off people out here Dealing with the exact same problem Is there a remedy for this Or am I better off selling on another platform

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

After sign in the eBay homepage opens and promptly freezes up.

This page?

https://www.ebay.com/

I have seen some users have problems with that page from time to time. At one point long ago Internet Explorer users could not load the page for an extended period. Some users in the UK were subjected to a pop-up ad apparently served by eBay that would not go away and made the page unusable for a while.

Bookmarking a different page can avoid that problem -- though that may not be obvious to a random user that tries to go to ebay.com and gets an error page instead. But I have no idea how many users are encountering that.

The problem may be with eBay, or with your browser, browser settings, or your cookies or cache, or the problem may be a network issue somewhere between your computer and eBay -- or a combination of several different things.

With a mobile browser, there can be issues of a mobile version of a page being redirected to a classic version or a desktop version, and back to a mobile version resulting in a redirection loop that can time out with an error. Some browsers can be vulnerable to a browser exploit that can cause redirections to another page (which may or may not load).

If the same link works in a private or incognito browser window, that is often a sign of an issue involving your cache, cookies or browser profile. If the same link works in another browser, that might point to an issue with the original browser or browser version.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

hmmm....

i am using the classic site, desktop version on my iphone....  But it has always worked perfectly up until last friday....

i'm reluctant to download the eBay ap and as far as using the mobile site vs classic.... i think that choice is actually at the very bottom of the homepage which is of course locked up....

the bookmarked My Ebay page is an "ok" work  around for now so I'll give it some more time and check out some more of the things you mentioned....

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I should have mentioned, yes that very page

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

If you’ve posted threads, they were deleted. Because looking at your forum profile you haven’t authored any. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Error (2).pngMeet Jamie Iannone, CEO of eBay.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I meant posted in three threads not started new ones. Sorry if you are confused

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

For sometime now, eBay seems to think that the more *clicks* one has to make, to get to their destination, the better off they will be. (Trying to reach CS is a big-time example of this) If one tries to shortcut those clicks, Ralphie makes his appearance....for how dare does someone attempt to fast-track, and bypass those hoops. tenor (30).gif

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

Error (2).pngMeet Jamie Iannone, CEO of eBay.

awwww...... little jamie  lol lol

Message 23 of 23
latest reply