cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

I am a new seller on eBay although I’m not very tech savvy I can generally navigate eBay pretty well.. unfortunately their homepage is constantly down, always a kid wearing an orange parka popping up ..I have to walk away from eBay for a day or two before it allows me to go back into my selling center ..this is such a drag and such a bad impression to  a new seller trying to break into the selling business.. I cannot get any help from eBay whatsoever.. I hope you’re listening eBay whatsoever..!!! this is becoming quite the drag and I’m not the only person ,there are a lot of **bleep** off people out here Dealing with the exact same problem Is there a remedy for this Or am I better off selling on another platform

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

That is a YOU thing.

YOUR computer

YOUR internet provider

It is NOT happening to very many others. 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: eBay homepage constantly down brat with orange parka constantly showing up becoming a drag

Been happening to me all day....VERY frustrating.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I thought ebay sent out a message that they redesigned the home page. Maybe they announced it at the open. Maybe that is why it isn't working for some people. We all know that it can take time for new things to function correctly on Ebay.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I have my Seller Hub bookmarked so my browser always opens with that.

I have clicked the home page from time to time either from my desktop or my iPad in Safari, I haven’t seen the brat in the orange parka for a while. 
By the way eBay doesn’t monitor this forum, other eBay sellers and buyers do. 
Yours is the only post I’ve come across with this issue…so who are all these people you claim are bleeped off? 
The remedy would be to clear cookies and cache in your browser and be sure it’s up to date. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Get that at least once a day. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Brat with the orange parka.   LOL   😃

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

You are going to need to clear EVERYTHING you can find. Cookies, cache, browsing history. All of it. Then reboot and clear it again if anything is left.

Also try a different browser. 

These continual issues are nearly always local to your device.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

No issues here but I've heard others call him the Parka Punk! 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

unfortunately their homepage is constantly down, always a kid wearing an orange parka popping up

Which page, exactly? And how are you getting there?

What link are you using?

Different users may be using different "home" pages. eBay may have made changes that cause an older page to redirect somewhere else (successfully or not).

Try using another link or another browser. Try temporarily disabling add-ons like ad blockers or script blockers to see if that makes any difference.

If eBay is actually down, you can see that by going to a site like downdetector to see a spike in the number of reports:

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

That is a YOU thing.

YOUR computer

YOUR internet provider

It is NOT happening to very many others. 

been happening to me everyday since last friday... homepage lock up

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

I have my Seller Hub bookmarked so my browser always opens with that.

I have clicked the home page from time to time either from my desktop or my iPad in Safari, I haven’t seen the brat in the orange parka for a while. 
By the way eBay doesn’t monitor this forum, other eBay sellers and buyers do. 
Yours is the only post I’ve come across with this issue…so who are all these people you claim are bleeped off? 
The remedy would be to clear cookies and cache in your browser and be sure it’s up to date. 

really? i posted three dif threads in these forums... where you been??

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

aka "Gap Boy"  remember that commercial "Gonna dress you up in my love....All over your body ..."   lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThzN8Wzm98k

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

you were quite helpful to me the other nite on this very issue. Cleared all the history and cookies but next day right back again.

After sign in the eBay homepage opens and promptly freezes up. I too have another page bookmarked so i can enter the site but as far as coming thru the front door goes, forget it

Using chrome on an iphone. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Halloween is coming up. We're dressing the kids up as the ebay parka brat.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply