Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has horrible payment options for sellers to get paid

The Mandated options are:

~1st Tuesday of Month

~Every Tuesday

~Every other Tuesday

So this month, it works where our Funds are emptied early Tuesday morning and sent to our bank and -THEN- moments later, our monthly Subscription bill (mine being $300) hits with NO FUNDS in my eBay account because they just sent it all out!

Then we soon are hit with that nasty email saying if we don't have enough funds in our account to cover the bill, they will have to deduct it from our bank account!

HELLO!!!  They're the ones who sent our funds to our bank account against my wishes in the first place!

I KNEW this was coming up and I tried every which way to figure out any possible way around it but from the Mandated Options sellers are given, there was no other way!  All I could do was choose "Every Other Tuesday" and hope this one wasn't the Tuesday it hit ... but sure enough it was the one!

Bottom line is ... eBay needs at least one more Mandated Payment Option that occurs some where AWAY from the Subscription Billing date.

They bragged and bragged on how great their Managed Payments system was going to be and how long as it been now?  And this problem still exists without ever having yet been corrected.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay has horrible payment options for sellers to get paid

@tvcollectibles wrote:

The Mandated options are:

~1st Tuesday of Month

~Every Tuesday

~Every other Tuesday

This is not true.

Sellers can also opt for daily payouts.

And a seller can request a payment on demand any time they want.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/payments-and-fees/payments-and-earnings

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"Then we soon are hit with that nasty email saying if we don't have enough funds in our account to cover the bill, they will have to deduct it from our bank account!"

I get those emails a time or two just about every month and I certainly don't see anything "nasty" about them. I get paid once a week like clockwork.  If there is not enough money left for fees or shipping, eBay simply deducts it. No problems here. I do not have to do anything but read the notification. 

If eBay left a certain amount in the eBay account to always have money in there to cover fees and shipping, sellers would be beefing about that big time. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Aren't your subscriptions due the same day every month? So I don't get the problem. Just pay it on the Monday so it comes out before the payout.

What am I missing here?

We can all wish everything was tailored just for us, but it isn't so I really do not understand why you simply do not factor that into what you need to do.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

Aren't your subscriptions due the same day every month? So I don't get the problem. Just pay it on the Monday so it comes out before the payout.

What am I missing here?

We can all wish everything was tailored just for us, but it isn't so I really do not understand why you simply do not factor that into what you need to do.

There's no invoice, no way to pay that I can figure out other than let them deduct from payments waiting to be sent to your bank........... if nothing there, they deduct from bank.........

Supposedly at some point, we'll be able to accrue some $$ in the ebay account for stuff like this........at least they kept promising it. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

> Just pay it on the Monday so it comes out before the payout. What am I missing here? >

What you are "missing here" is that paying for it on Monday would do absolutely no good at all because you haven't been billed for it yet.

What you would be doing is adding $300 to funds that's going to be sent right back to your bank account on Tuesday.

I already HAD over $300 worth of eBay funds built up to pay the bill with.  I didn't need to send myself more to get back in return and then be hit with the bill after.

You said that you don't get the problem.  Well, you got that part right.  You don't.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I thought payment was done on the 1st of the month now. I have not seen monthly payment taken out of my account yesterday yet and I have money in it from selling. I guess they will just bill me twice again for 2 months at one time like before.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

>  Sellers can also opt for daily payouts. And a seller can request a payment on demand any time they want. <

How would those options solve the problem?

Neither one of them do.

The funds in the account would still be emptied either way and then we'd still be hit with the monthly bill with no funds in the account.

Pay attention and THINK before you make suggestions and you would have seen this wouldn't work.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I must be special.

My payments are set to a method that you don't have listed there.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Okay, I guess I didn't know that. I stand corrected. I have my default payment method when there aren't enough funds in managed payment set to paypal...I think. At least that is what I had done at least once in the recent past.

Dealing with it is still  something the seller is responsible for.

Carry on. And so will I

Have a great day

Message 10 of 10
latest reply