cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Are Buyers Selecting Another Method Of Shipping When I Only Offer One Method ?

Hey everyone, I only offer one method of shipping, which is Media Mail but some of my buyers are able to select Priority Mail.  I'm not terribly worried about it since my listings are specific about how I ship but I'm really curious how buyers are selecting Priority if it isn't offered.  And if there is something I could do to prevent this from happening.  Thanks for any input!  👍

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

How Are Buyers Selecting Another Method Of Shipping When I Only Offer One Method ?

If you offer free shipping ebay will automatically select the lowest price.... media mail

This is a more recent change to ebay coding and wrong.

Needs to be fixed

HK

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I think it's because many categories outside of books are prohibited from using media mail........i.e. magazines can't be mailed via media mail.........

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that all of OP's items, sheet music, qualify for media mail.

I would put in your description that you are having issues with media mail, and that you will be shipping by media mail.

Known issue back in 2021 and still not fixed.. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-not-allowing-Sheet-Music-to-Ship-Media-Mail-under-Sheet/...

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the input.  This is happening on my 2 main categories  -songbooks (book category) & sheet music (musical instruments/sheetmusic category)  Both of those categories allow for media mail and it's where the buyers are selecting Priority Mail.  It's funny because I am convinced the buyer is aware it will ship media mail but because the Priority option is available to them, they figure what the heck... why not select it ?   Again, I'm trying to just figure out if there's something I can do to remove it as an option.   Thx!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thanx for the input.  I ship mostly everything media mail but about once a week, a buyer will select Priority Mail. In theory, the only option they should have is Media Mail.  It's the only option I offer but how in the heck they are selecting Priority is beyond me.    

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Buyer can only select from the service option you have in the listing, so it isn't the buyer doing this.  You are just seeing ebay default to something else due to poor programming. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rfmtm wrote:

Buyer can only select from the service option you have in the listing, so it isn't the buyer doing this.  You are just seeing ebay default to something else due to poor programming. 

I checked that too and all of the OP's items show media mail under the shipping and payment tab.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@betubid wrote:

Hey everyone, I only offer one method of shipping, which is Media Mail but some of my buyers are able to select Priority Mail.  I'm not terribly worried about it since my listings are specific about how I ship but I'm really curious how buyers are selecting Priority if it isn't offered.  And if there is something I could do to prevent this from happening.  Thanks for any input!  👍

Hey, @betubid. I concur with others in this post, that your listings are reflecting as media mail shipping only. However, I'd recommend checking out the specific listings where buyers had this option available to them, to see if they were set up on the listing somehow. If priority wasn't an option on that specific listing, yet they had the ability to choose it (this shouldn't be happening) then please get in touch with our agents at the bottom of the page here, so we can get a ticket filed. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@betubid wrote:

Thanx for the input.  I ship mostly everything media mail but about once a week, a buyer will select Priority Mail. In theory, the only option they should have is Media Mail.  It's the only option I offer but how in the heck they are selecting Priority is beyond me.    

I looked at a couple of your magazine listings and they appear to have Media Mail as the shipping option. Are you shipping magazines by Media Mail?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@betubid wrote:

Then your listing(s) must be set up wrong.

Most of my listings are set up only for First Class Mail.

If set up properly, it  is impossible for a buyer to "select" any other method.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Can you name one of your sold items that the buyer used priority?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote: ... If set up properly, it  is impossible for a buyer to "select" any other method.

But if eBay glitches, then the shipping label page will show a different shipping option and will still state "Buyer selected."

For instance, when a seller offers MM in a category where eBay blocks the purchase of MM, the shipping label page will show a different shipping service (usually some type of Priority Mail) but will state "Buyer selected" even though they didn't.  I wonder if this is happening in some of eligible subcategories that are in the "Musical instruments & gear" main category, such as sheet music and songbooks.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@inhawaii wrote: ... If set up properly, it  is impossible for a buyer to "select" any other method.

But if eBay glitches, then the shipping label page will show a different shipping option and will still state "Buyer selected."

For instance, when a seller offers MM in a category where eBay blocks the purchase of MM, the shipping label page will show a different shipping service (usually some type of Priority Mail) but will state "Buyer selected" even though they didn't.  I wonder if this is happening in some of eligible subcategories that are in the "Musical instruments & gear" main category, such as sheet music and songbooks.

That's what I think is happening.............

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Are the buyers "selecting' Priority Mail, or is ebay mailing "assigning" priority mail to a listing when you go to print the label?

I see a sold item for blu-ray/dvd that does not qualify for media mail....so when the "print label" options list, media mail will not be available, and "Priority Mail" will be selected by default (not by the buyer)...even though it was not offered on the listing.......

Lot of 15 Brand New Sealed DVD's & BluRay

Message 15 of 22
latest reply