cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay.com Search Bug: Are any of your Active Listings now showing up in Search?

I've noticed that some of my Active Listings that I can see  and edit on my Seller Hub Active Listings page:

Your Active Listings Page

....are not showing up in Search on the buyer site eBay.com.   

• They don't show up in the page of all my Items for Sale on eBay.com
  • And they don't show up when I search for words that are in the title.  

I'm  working to nail down how many of these there are.  I know for sure that some are listings that did appear yesterday on eBay.com.  I've  tried editing the listings to see if they reappear in Search on eBay.com.  (That didn't work.)  The listings are not sold out. (Quantity Available > 0)  

I've tried searching using 2 different PC browsers and from different eBay accounts. I've also tried searching using the eBay Android Mobile App.  The same listings are missing in each of these Searches.

Please answer the folllowing 2 questions:

1. Are any of you seeing similar discrepancies for your listings?

(Remember if you have any Second Chance Offers listed that they don't appear on eBay.com but count in your totals on Active Listings in Seller Hub.)  

For example, cross-check the number of Fixed Price listings on your Active Listings vs the number of your Fixed Price listings on eBay.com. 

2. Do you know of reasons why some Active Listings would stop showing up in Search on eBay?

Thanks in advance for staying on topic.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Correction to Topic Name: eBay.com Search Bug: Are any of your Active Listings not showing up in Search?
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I checked a few of mine and they are oK.

and I see quite a number of yours in this search:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Dollar+Shave+Club+&_sacat=0

which one/ones are missing that you can't see?

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Every time you edit your listing it has to be re-indexed into eBay's system.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

Every time you edit your listing it has to be re-indexed into eBay's system.

yes, thanks.  but normally edited listings appear in search as they were before the edits.  Eventually they correct themselves in search.    (after reindexing).  They don't disappear from search.   And it's been hours.  I didn't come here and post before waiting and trying various things.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

so which ones are missing?  And listings do disappear from search if revised.........

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

For example, this item is missing from search:  162648520200

Before posting here, I created a new listing to replace it:   162684513663  using Sell Similar.

The replacement also does not appear in search.  I will try to create a new listing (without using Sell Similar).

The first one is a top seller.  It has not sold since it's been missing.

The second one, which is missing from search, sold one unit after my OP. 

I'm guessing that the buyer found the brand new listing from an email alert from eBay or by some other method. 

As I said, I have tried to search from different accounts, different browsers, and on mobile 

and neither of those items appear in search results.   But they are active items with active pages and can be purchased.

Search bug.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I see that searching for those two item numbers does not turn up the listing pages.

This is the orginal listing.

This is the replacement listing.

Both are in my Active Listings on Seller Hub.

Both are live selling pages.

Both can be purchased.  I put them in the cart from another account.  A buyer bought the replacement listing an hour or two after it went up.

Yet both are invisible from Search on all platforms I've tried.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

For example, this item is missing from search:  162648520200

Before posting here, I created a new listing to replace it:   162684513663  using Sell Similar.

The replacement also does not appear in search.  I will try to create a new listing (without using Sell Similar).

The first one is a top seller.  It has not sold since it's been missing.

The second one, which is missing from search, sold one unit after my OP. 

I'm guessing that the buyer found the brand new listing from an email alert from eBay or by some other method. 

As I said, I have tried to search from different accounts, different browsers, and on mobile 

and neither of those items appear in search results.   But they are active items with active pages and can be purchased.

Search bug.

Searching by number, I don't find anything for that in active advanced search, sold or completed.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

That's right. The items are invisible from Search. Yet they are active listings.

Search is broken.
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

(Remember if you have any Second Chance Offers listed that they don't appear on eBay.com but count in your totals on Active Listings in Seller Hub.)  

For example, cross-check the number of Fixed Price listings on your Active Listings vs the number of your Fixed Price listings on eBay.com. 

2. Do you know of reasons why some Active Listings would stop showing up in Search on eBay?
(Other than a bug in Search)

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Maybe because of similar ads?

I found your original ad '4 available/53 sold' with keyword search after taking out a few.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

What device, OS, application did you use?

What search terms did you use to find the original item? Please be specific. Thanks.
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

(Other than a bug in Search)

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Maybe because of similar ads?

I found your original ad '4 available/53 sold' with keyword search after taking out a few.

I found the original listing under Completed and Sold, but not Active when I searched with the terms: dollar shave club executive razor

The replacement listing didn't turn up for me, but it can take a new listing up to 24 hours to index so that's not unusual.

gracieallen has a good point that it could be a duplicate listing issue since it doesn't look like you ended the first listing before creating the replacement.

When I click on your listings it shows 50. How many should there be? I do not see either of the above mentioned listings as part of the 50.

You asked why an active listing wouldn't show up in search discounting a glitch as the reason. One reason could be that the listing hasn't been indexed yet. Another reason could be search terms. In the eBay user agreement it says that your listings may not appear in search all the time or at all.

If your listing is typically near the top of search but has stopped showing up completely you can always call CS to ask if there's an issue with the listing.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply