cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay changing my items to best offer

Why does eBay keep telling me it's changing my items to allow Best Offer. Most of my items are low in price and with offers that come on some of these items I would be making almost nothing. Hence not marking it, so why do they change it for me. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@stonewallcewrote:

Why does eBay keep telling me it's changing my items to allow Best Offer. Most of my items are low in price and with offers that come on some of these items I would be making almost nothing. Hence not marking it, so why do they change it for me. 

Thanks

eBay loves the idea of buyers getting stuff dirt cheap. There's nothing you can do about the BO issue, as many have tried and failed. eBay wants to do what it wants with your inventory.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ok thanks, I was assuming that would be the answer.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

If you could on the ones Ebay has changed - just "up" the price a tad and then put your original offer as best offer.  And get sales or wait until they expire and start on the original form - NOT the quick form and make sure the best offer is removed.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

And if the problem re-occurs, you could set an automatic accept at a few pennies below your original asking price.

Or ignore the offer, which eventually will time out.

Or respond with a polite "No thank you. My price on this is firm."

What you never have to do is accept an offer.

I think if I were spotting this on my items, I would go for the raise the price and accept an offer at the price you really want suggestion.

Your buyer will be happy to get a 'bargain' and you will be happy to get your price.

Win/Win.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The one advantage to having the Best Offer option in your listings is that it gives your a chance to check out their feedback left for others and their retraction record before they buy.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I don't think Ebay wants buyers to get stuff dirt cheap. That's in direct conflict with their bottom line goals. What they want is for buyers to buy stuff and will grudgingly accept lower sales if that's what it takes.

Unfortunately it's not Ebay's stuff. I think Ebay changing listings is a terrible invasion. Buyers are going to make offers to sellers who don't want them and someone is not going to be happy.

As usual, Ebay considering short term gain for long term pain. This is not a good business model imho.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@stonewallce  The eBay Support team stated if you switch to the Advanced Listing tool they do not add B.O. to listings.  3 IDs here, all using the A.T. and NO B.O. being added.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Except that I believe you're charged if you revise to RAISE the price. Only lowering it is free.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@mr_lincolnwrote:

@stonewallce  The eBay Support team stated if you switch to the Advanced Listing tool they do not add B.O. to listings.  3 IDs here, all using the A.T. and NO B.O. being added.

Why would they do that? I am just trying to figure their logic here. Ebay says that they will not interfere and force a BO on listings with advanced tool, but will randomly place it in listings that don't use the advanced tool? Is this a reward/punishment thing?

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

They figure sellers who use the quick form are too naive to know how to sell things and need Ebay to "help". Not to mention the fact that sellers who use the quick form cannot remove the BO without switching to the advanced form. If they can even remove it then. Some have reported it is still grayed out. Others have reported removing it several times and it mysteriously reappears in the middle of the night.

We've also had sellers swear that they're using the advanced form, have a lot of selling history and Ebay added the BO anyway.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@newnewnewmann

@newnewnewmannwrote:

@mr_lincolnwrote:

Why would they do that? I am just trying to figure their logic here. Ebay says that they will not interfere and force a BO on listings with advanced tool, but will randomly place it in listings that don't use the advanced tool? Is this a reward/punishment thing?

At the time of their response they advised that they "think" that Sellers would gladly take an order for a dollar or two less then the list price ... sady, most "offers" are low ball and Buyers trying to get as much as possible for a little as possible.  They "add" the unsolicited B.O. to items that in their determination are ABOVE the market "average" but would not divulge all the sources used to determine the "average" ... somewhat subjective don't you think? 

Regards,
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

They figure sellers who use the quick form are too naive to know how to sell things and need Ebay to "help". Not to mention the fact that sellers who use the quick form cannot remove the BO without switching to the advanced form. If they can even remove it then. Some have reported it is still grayed out. Others have reported removing it several times and it mysteriously reappears in the middle of the night.

We've also had sellers swear that they're using the advanced form, have a lot of selling history and Ebay added the BO anyway.

I've heard  that too but not sure if its true ... I've had settings changed on Relisting by eBay in the past, even upgrades turned on unsolicited ... anyway, until "they" post that they are now going to simply turn B.O. whenever they feel like it I am sticking with that answer they gave.  Hundreds of listings here and NO B.O. has been turned on ...

Regards,
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I have listings in the thousands and so far no added BOs. I have always used the Advanced form, don't use the Hub. Maybe my prices aren't considered to be "above market"? LOL

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@lookng2015

How about ending the listing and then using Sell Similar?

Oh yeah, fees.....

I must use the Advanced Form  ... how would I know?

Where can each be found?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply