cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay automatically generating a best offer minimum amount for new listings

I just happened to catch tonight that eBay had added minimum accepted amounts to ALL of my listings. And it’s 50% off across the board. I bulk edited and removed that on all listings. However, when I list a new item, it auto generates a minimum accepted of 50% again. ????

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: eBay automatically generating a best offer minimum amount for new listings

I guess ebay is DESPERATE to make money.  I am sorry that this is happen to you.  Thank you for the heads up.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

As a test, I clicked on a "make offer" listing of yours (a $9.95 item); small new box opened with  suggested offers of $8.00 and $9.00 shown in two smaller boxes.

Clicked on the $8.00 suggestion and it appeared at top as my proposed offer.

I was able to erase the suggested $8.00 offer and enter any amount I saw fit.

This seems like a very poor idea from the eBay brain trust and will most assuredly turn off many prospective buyers. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. It’s a really bad idea. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

FCC is coming soon, dear ebay.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The brain trust appears unwilling to accept that when you turn off manny prospective buyers, declining sales  result.

It's time for ebay to change course asap

Happy selling

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Checked mine........I don't use min.........and that hasn't changed......

Do you normally use min?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Just checked mine, we have a minimum set where we decline everything below that, and that hasn't changed, and the minimum accepted hasn't been enabled.  Dunno why you're seeing that behavior, but I'd post it in the "Report eBay Technical Issues" board, and/or contact eBay via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness so they can record your account is experiencing that.  Despite what some think, they do pay attention when accounts report major issues, and this would be undesirable behavior so I'd think they'd actually send it to the tech teams.  Maybe devon@ebay or kyle@ebay can also get this behavior reported?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

However, when I list a new item, it auto generates a minimum accepted of 50% again. ????

@wevegotawinner 

That is quite disturbing.  So this minimum is auto-applied by eBay and something you need to DESELECT each time?   Do you use a mobile device to list or a computer?

FWIW you still have your preferences set to require buyers to put up a payment source in order to make offers on your listings.  Not only does this limit the payment options a buyer may use, but there will be no combined shipping or invoicing for those that may wish to make offers on more than one of your items.  Nobody is going to want to pay $24.00 shipping for four Hotwheels cars. 

Though this program is supposed to cut down on non-payers of offers or auction wins, it is a real turn-off for buyers that DO pay. 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Just checked mine, we have a minimum set where we decline everything below that, and that hasn't changed, and the minimum accepted hasn't been enabled.  Dunno why you're seeing that behavior, but I'd post it in the "Report eBay Technical Issues" board, and/or contact eBay via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness so they can record your account is experiencing that.  Despite what some think, they do pay attention when accounts report major issues, and this would be undesirable behavior so I'd think they'd actually send it to the tech teams.  Maybe devon@ebay or kyle@ebay can also get this behavior reported?

Hey @brightlightbookseller! We will have this reported to the correct team and we will also let you know any insights we find out as well! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

On a related topic, does a seller know when buyers make an offer below minimum that is rejected?  Seems to be important information for modifying offer settings.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

One more reason not to use best offer or are you saying they are taking the 50% off of your BIN items that do not have BO as well?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Ebay was adding a low best offer automatically on me too.  when I went to get rid of it- It wouldn't toggle off.  Thought i was going Nuts.  After hours of googling. I found out how to remove it all together. But I tell you- the solution was well hidden. Had to click on a little tiny arrow- a person would hardly notice. These games annoy me.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

????  Did you mean the FTC. The FCC is for TV / Radio and such.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Ebay was adding a low best offer automatically on me too.  when I went to get rid of it- It wouldn't toggle off.  Thought i was going Nuts.  After hours of googling. I found out how to remove it all together. But I tell you- the solution was well hidden. Had to click on a little tiny arrow- a person would hardly notice. These games annoy me.

If you could describe that process and include some screen shots it may be beneficial to other sellers who may be having this problem. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply