cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay PayPal Divorce Results in Lost Sales

30 REPLIES 30

Re: eBay PayPal Divorce Results in Lost Sales

Sorry, when I copy and pasted the link, it was removed! Not sure why? Found article on Yahoo, article written by Motley Fool. "OK, eBay -- It's Time to Pay the Piper" was name of article.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Looks like it's working now!
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

"Under the terms of its existing agreement with PayPal, eBay is permitted to begin testing new payment processors in 2018, representing up to 5% of its payment volume in two countries of its choosing. The company is then allowed to migrate up to 10% of its customers in 2019, and the remainder when the contract expires in July 2020. eBay also said that it expected the majority of its customers to be using the new payment platform by 2021, one year after the expiration of the operating agreement with PayPal. "

eBay has been saying the new payment system had to exclude PayPal by contractual agreement.  Never provided any futher information.  Finally we have another piece of the puzzle.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@jennieaa wrote:

eBay also said that it expected the majority of its customers to be using the new payment platform by 2021

I think the more important estimate is not how many customers will switch, but rather how many customers will leave if it ever gets to the point where PayPal is no longer an option.

I have been buying and selling here for almost two decades, but I will probably not buy here if I am forced to give up PayPal.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I'm pretty sure Ayden will accept PayPal when it's fully rolled out.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@jennieaa wrote:

"Under the terms of its existing agreement with PayPal, eBay is permitted to begin testing new payment processors in 2018, representing up to 5% of its payment volume in two countries of its choosing. The company is then allowed to migrate up to 10% of its customers in 2019, and the remainder when the contract expires in July 2020. eBay also said that it expected the majority of its customers to be using the new payment platform by 2021, one year after the expiration of the operating agreement with PayPal. "

eBay has been saying the new payment system had to exclude PayPal by contractual agreement.  Never provided any futher information.  Finally we have another piece of the puzzle.

@jennieaa

Excluding it until summer of 2019 is simply so they can test the system without Paypal in the mix.  If it were, buyers might choose that, effectively negating any testing of the new system.  Nothing in your quote indicates that Paypal had to be excluded; in fact, it limits how much Paypal can be excluded as only 5% are allowed into testing now, and 10% in 2019.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Praying I'm in the other 85%
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

If you enrolled in the new payment program you'll never lose a sale no more NPB or UPID to file just list sell and ship.... A win win win for everyone except the clueless seller....

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Praying I'm in the other 85%

I understand!

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@donla37 wrote:

True.

“PayPal has been a great partner for eBay, and as part of our new payments experience PayPal will continue to be a key form of payment for our global customers,” said Devin Wenig, president and CEO, eBay. “We are pleased to continue to offer PayPal as a form of payment on eBay and look forward to a continued, strong partnership with PayPal going forward.” 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

If you enrolled in the new payment program you'll never lose a sale no more NPB or UPID to file just list sell and ship.... A win win win for everyone except the clueless seller....

Please explain, thank you.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Its a little hard to understand if you don't actively sell here. I've call their hotline with some questions,but so far they haven't bothered to call me back..

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

About the only way they are going to pull this off is when you hit that buy it now button or bid button you are not allowed to continue until you've enter credit card info that your purchase or high bid will be debted to.. Should be interesting as it rolls out...

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@donla37 wrote:

True.

“PayPal has been a great partner for eBay, and as part of our new payments experience PayPal will continue to be a key form of payment for our global customers,” said Devin Wenig, president and CEO, eBay. “We are pleased to continue to offer PayPal as a form of payment on eBay and look forward to a continued, strong partnership with PayPal going forward.” 

If Wenig is still here in 2021, let alone 2020, I'll be shocked.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 15 of 31
latest reply