cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Fee Deferral Program - Invoice Issues

I have already made a discussion about this topic and nobody seems to fully understand what is happening, not even eBay customer service. I have sent an email overnight about being charged DOUBLE what I owe in fees. The response I got was discussing how the deferral program works, I understand how the 50% gets dragged onto next month, etc. What I don't understand is how the fees got doubled.

I just need to know why the fee balance shows double than what I actually do owe. It shows that my total fees are around $193. This is doubled what it should be. Is this a typo or a mistake in my seller account? After the invoice I received, it should have deducted the fees I owe in my seller account but somehow it has doubled. I do not owe $193 total in fees.

I was invoiced $96 last night (says payment is due April 15th-17th) However, it acted as the invoice never went through and still says I owe that amount PLUS the upcoming fees for the next cycle. I should only owe around $11 in fees for April so far, not over $100. Why is the deferral program debiting me my last invoice in my fees that I owe even tho the invoice was already sent?

I have attached screenshots of what I am seeing. 
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Fee Deferral Program - Invoice Issues

The payment shown is a dummy payment.  You didn't actually pay that amount...

That way the money won't auto withdrawal from their customers' accounts that requested the Deferral Program....

Then they add it back in.... because you still owe them that money.  You will have to pay half of it on the following 2 invoices.  It isn't an invoice forgiveness program, just deferral.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I am having the exact same problem. And no explanation for it either.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I noticed that too. I also noticed on the Fees tab is shows they deferred the full amount of fees i owed for March instead of just half. And if i add up the fees i have for April and add it to my March invoice, it comes out to exactly what my current balance is. So everything adds up but that means they deferred the full amount? 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

So it looks to me that you only owe around $100.  The $193 looks like the total from January thru March.  Go to your invoice, and on the right there is a box that ask to "See Invoice", click on that, and check the month that is in question.  That should give you what you owe for that month, and nothing else.  On that first page of your invoice, in the bottom left you will see a pie chart of your monthly sales with a percentage for your fees.  Check that and see if that is different from what you had pictured.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for clearing that up, however.. I am still questioning where the rest of the fees are coming from. I have linked a screenshot showing that the Payment Adjustment - Debit "eBay fee Deferral Program" has debited me my most recent invoice ($96.54) in my fees. So even after being invoiced that $96.54, that amount is still showing up in my balance that I owe for this upcoming billing cycle.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@bigsmokesbargains wrote:

I noticed that too. I also noticed on the Fees tab is shows they deferred the full amount of fees i owed for March instead of just half. And if i add up the fees i have for April and add it to my March invoice, it comes out to exactly what my current balance is. So everything adds up but that means they deferred the full amount? 

EXACTLY what I am running into. Even tho I was invoiced for March, that amount that was invoiced carried over to april as well. I have no idea what is happening, hope for an explanation soon! Glad I am not the only one experiencing this.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Check your invoice statement. On the invoice page, you can scroll down to the bottom, and click on fees for the month In there, you should be able to see everything that you are charged for. Also, if you are in the managed payment program, then there are "payment fees" or "processing fees" that eBay charges. But check your invoice first and see if there is anything there that you don't know what it is.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

My last invoice amount is correct, however, that invoice amount was carried onto April and it's still showing in my balance of fees that I need to pay. The Deferral Program seems to of some how charged my last invoice in my fees for this month (April) Why is the deferral program putting my last invoice in my fees for April?

Payment Adjustment - Debit
"eBay fee Deferral Program"     Apr-04-20 04:26:37 PDT Other US $96.54

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You don't owe double or $193.  You only owe the fees for the new activity April 1st up to today (April 7).

The $193 is the total for JANUARY, FEBRUARY, and MARCH combined.  You've already PAID that.

Your current balance is $106.81 (New activity $107.86 minus a credit of $1.05) which is for April 1st through today (April 7).

Do you own a store?  Then you might not have been billed for your store subscription last month and they are charging twice this month to make up for it.  Check the details of your invoice for last month and current charges and see if they missed charging you for your store subscription if that is the case.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@american-photography wrote:

You don't owe double or $193.  You only owe the fees for the new activity April 1st up to today (April 7).

The $193 is the total for JANUARY, FEBRUARY, and MARCH combined.  You've already PAID that.

Your current balance is $106.81 (New activity $107.86 minus a credit of $1.05) which is for April 1st through today (April 7).

Do you own a store?  Then you might not have been billed for your store subscription last month and they are charging twice this month to make up for it.  Check the details of your invoice for last month and current charges and see if they missed charging you for your store subscription if that is the case.

Have cleared up the $193 already. The main thing is, it is the first week into april, I have not even made $100 TOTAL in sales yet so that much being in my fees is beyond me. I was charged for my store subscription last month. My current balance is now $108.45,

when I check the fees section, it shows 

Payment Adjustment - Debit
"eBay fee Deferral Program"     Apr-04-20 04:26:37 PDT Other US $96.54 (Charged me my invoice for April fees)

The eBay fee Deferral Program has debited me my last invoice into my April fees. Why?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

My guess is this: 

Ebay added the amt deferred to the next months invoice.  (You do end up having to pay that. )

Then, they will show a payment of half that amount next month (which you never make) and carry that  to the following months invoice.

It's their way of keeping track of what you really owe them.   Easier for them to follow.  Not easier to understand for their customers.

But they're doing us a favor by deferring payments, so I wouldn't complain about it.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

My guess is this: 

Ebay added the amt deferred to the next months invoice.  (You do end up having to pay that. )

Then, they will show a payment of half that amount next month (which you never make) and carry that  to the following months invoice.

It's their way of keeping track of what you really owe them.   Easier for them to follow.  Not easier to understand for their customers.

But they're doing us a favor by deferring payments, so I wouldn't complain about it.

"Ebay added the amt deferred to the next months invoice. (You do end up having to pay that. )"

I was already invoiced the amount ($96.54) and ebay added that same amount in my upcoming April fees. That same amount that was invoiced is now in my April fees as well. What I am getting out of this is, I have to pay March's invoice... twice? It is super confusing. Thank you for trying to give me a better understanding

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

That way the money won't auto withdrawal from their customers' accounts that requested the Deferral Program....

Then they add it back in.... because you still owe them that money.  You will have to pay half of it on the following 2 invoices.  It isn't an invoice forgiveness program, just deferral.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

Okay thank you. From what I am understanding now is that I am not actually paying this month's invoice it is just there to prove that is what I owe? That would explain why they have added March's fees onto April's. I was just hoping I wasn't somehow being charged double the amount that was invoiced for the fees in march.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

i dont get it ebay gave me a fee credit from 514$ and 1 day later ebay add the cost to my invoidce why
does not make sence 😞
Message 15 of 16
latest reply