do I get the final fees back if an item arrives damaged

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: do I get the final fees back if an item arrives damaged

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

If you refund the buyer without leaving it to eBay to force a refund the fees you paid will be refunded.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128#section1

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

If you refund the buyer without leaving it to eBay to force a refund the fees you paid will be refunded.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128#section1

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No eBay is not responsible for the shipping the carrier is. Follow slippinjimmy advice and then file a claim with the carrier. The the buyer know you are filing a claim with the carrier and ask the buyer to retain the damaged item and the packing. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I figured it out ebay refunded me the FVF which went to the shipping cost that they don't refund for that.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I already figured it out. The post office was not at fault I forgot to check the airbrush threads so it was all me. thanks for your reply.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I didn't ask if they would refund me for the damaged item just for the fees that they charged me for the sold item.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I didn't ask if they would refund me for the damaged item just for the fees that they charged me for the sold item.

I never said they would refund you for the damaged item what I suggested was you file a claim with the carrier for shipping damage but it appears you figured out the carrier was not at fault. slippinjimmy had already answered you regarding the FVF's. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply