Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disgusted with eBay

After 22 years, I am thru with eBay.. cwopsam

Message 1 of 186
latest reply
185 REPLIES 185

Re: disgusted with eBay

Can you provide an example of a "premeditated glitch" that you have knowledge of?

Message 61 of 186
latest reply

I am right there with you...just had a bad experience myself...ebay sided with the buyer as well AND took the money right out of my account and gave it back to the "buyer"  Now managed payment larcany.

Good Luck!!

Message 62 of 186
latest reply

Not a pro here, but been around

Not sure how someone under MP masses a large monthly fee unless some of the following is happening:

1. Do you need to upgrade your store subscription to get more listings? If you use all of your monthly store listings allowed, you do pay a fee for each additional listing. It can add up quick.

2. Are you modifying your listings that require additional fees? 

3. Are you letting your GTC listings automatically relist? That can also add up quick if your out listings until the next month. Also, if you do let them renew automatically, they will not show up as a "new listing" if shoppers filter their search by "newly listed".

Before you submit your listings, you should see the costs before hitting the submit button and you can view what the fees are before listing and correct.

This is just a thought on those buyers who cheat (maybe eBay will send me a check) lol!

eBay should set up some type of automatic / bot process that requires a buyer to leave feedback within a week or less on a purchase that has been received or be blocked from buying. I know I'm dreaming and it needs a round table discussion.

I just have many buyers who don't leave feedback, but if pushed a little and they leave positive, that should void any options for the buyer to open a case way down the road and cheat a seller. 

I know there are more honest buyers than cheaters, but eBay has really opened things up the "fraud" gates!

Message 63 of 186
latest reply

I am with you on this- I will be gone end of year. I used to sell about 200 items a month, now, I am down to about 65 listings, Was told to join MP by end of year. My sister also sells, she signed up for managed payments and she said it takes about a week to receive payment- well after her customers have received their items and left feedback-she is also thinking of leaving. Why does it take eBay so long when Etsy can get us payments in 3 days? just don't understand.  Had a good run on eBay, almost 10 years and it helped us afford to do a lot of extra things, but eBay is no longer the best deal out there and selling on other sites is more profitable from me. The email eBay sent said I had to join MP by 12-31-20, do they just end all my listings on Jan 1, are the listings allowed to run until they sell? Does anyone know what happens?

Message 64 of 186
latest reply

I don't think so. as for me if I can't find a site that I like I will just quit online selling.

Message 65 of 186
latest reply

I respectfully ask, why do you say "yeah you will be back" 

Message 66 of 186
latest reply

I stand with you as well!!!

Message 67 of 186
latest reply

Very true!

Message 68 of 186
latest reply

I have been playingaround with selling on Facebookmarket place to be honest so far so good. Onlyproblem I am havingisgettingpayment from buyer in a reasonable time frame. Still workingout the kinks, found if you list on group pages thathaveto do with what you sell you do not pay fees on the item you sell. I still invoice the buyer thru Paypal. once Iget it down to a  science I am totaly switching. There are auction groupsthat areavailbel also.

Message 69 of 186
latest reply

It truly is a mess...sellers like you are very much appreciated by us buyers...then ebay  decides to ruin the very wonderful thing they created way back when...

I will search for you elsewhere.

Best Of Luck!!!

Message 70 of 186
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't stop feeding the bears.

Message 71 of 186
latest reply

Yes.  When I tried to refund s buyer this message kept coming up, " you cannot perform this function at this time".  I tried several times to contact e-bay  until I was given a 'default' for not refunding my buyer in time and they had to step in.   Then they added an additional 5% to ALL my sales.  No one can convince me that this is not one of their premeditated  scams to generate more $$$$. so please don't bother.  Desperation at its best!

Message 72 of 186
latest reply

Yes, I was 'invited' to join MP by the 15th of September and did not, nor do I have any intentions of joining now.  I have a yearly subscription that ends next month.  When I declined their 'invitation' I was no longer allowed to list any new items or revise any current ones (which I was fully aware of).  I presently have over 200 listings that I am deleting as they become due.  If you let them relist as part of your store quota, you will incur additional charges at the end of your lease.  Prior to refusing to join MP I sold between 25-35 items a month.  Since declining to join this dropped down to 3-4 a month.  I guess I am being punished tor not obeying their demands.  This is NOT a coincidence or the result of Covid, loss of jobs, etc. etc.  It is purely control......non-visibility of items.

Be very careful of closing your store/site early as there definitely are penalties involved.

Message 73 of 186
latest reply

just a general reply:

I ended all my listings except for 3 smalls 

eBay is very different than it used to be....I actually think its a very boring place.

you work to get a good listing up and not even crickets.

I won't miss it but as a buyer I will still try and patronize the small sellers.

schemes within schemes
the serpent is a good sign
someday you may swallow yourself
by accident
Message 74 of 186
latest reply

Yes, they will do to you what they did to me.  They switch payment receipt choice in your listings from paypal to magaged payments...the square becomes checked and light grey color and you cannot change or choose anything else.  I checked my last sale and the customer said they paid through paypal which was great, but ebay intercepts the money, takes ALL THEIR FEES, then you hold out your hand for the left over crumbs.  Shipped more than a week ago because ebay said I was paid...didn't want to hurt a good customer so basically ebay got paid for my hard work and efforts....I get 5 stars, ebay gets my money...

Good Luck!!!

Message 75 of 186
latest reply