cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed shipping label print AGAIN????

oh come on EBAY PLEASE!!!!

so you changed the shipping label print screen once again, please just leave well enough alone already!!!

the "print custom text on label" is not defaulting and not using the custom identifier field we have entered, and I rely upon that field being printed...

it was so nice having that automatically printed on the label for me, now I have to type in in...  I could give a rat's but about tha auction number, that means nothing to me... I want my custom field auto filled back into that section please!!!

oh, and don't get me started on how I had to reformat everything AGAIN because EBAY decides to change the labels are printed again....  screw that baloney leave it alone already!!!

Mike B

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: changed shipping label print AGAIN????

Just create a free account at PirateShip.com and link your eBay account. Same rates as Ebay and Paypal except for the 3% discount if you are a top rated seller.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I'm not familiar with that--I'll check it out. thanks!!!

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I hate it too!  Agree 100% with leaving the message alone and not having to type it in every time.  The only good thing I have to say is that the red circle with quantity is quite helpful.  It was easy to miss before.  BUT, quantity does not print on the receipt end of the shipping label and this is for my bookkeeping.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

yes I do like the QTY red circle

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

@exibar   Are you talking about the label flow version that reversed the L x W X H dimensions???

Screenshot (2217).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

LOL, nope...

I'm talking about the custom SKU being printed on the label instead of the ridiculous auction number

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

exibar_0-1600801244394.png

this used to default to whatever you have set in your "custom SKU" field within your auction... now it defaults to your auction number... which is what, 15 numbers long and is ridiculously not useful to anyone..

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

What I've noticed the past few days is they are defaulting to the most expensive shipping method (flat rate priority) instead of the first class package option I offer.  I had to click around trial and error style until I could find the option I ADVERTISED IN THE LISTING!

Don't get me started on them defaulting FCI to their GSP-lite International Standard.

Joe

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Do they email the buyer automatically and then update your orders on eBay as well? Asking for a friend 🙂

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Ha! I'm glad someone else see's programmers for the parasitic, coffee-swilling, donut-eating creatures that they are. They somehow duped the world into thinking they were important with the Y2K hoax, whereas before that they were a dime-a-dozen, being cranked out by Community Colleges in droves.

95% of what they do it worthless. Most of the time, when they fix something, another problem is introduced. A great job security scam!

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

And that is why I don't screw with feedback, eBay you hire little kids that should still be in preschool. Gee I hope Trump starts a competitive site.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

But but..now all the little blue boxes has those nice rounded corners.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

and I only just realized this OP was from the change before the last change.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

thank you EBAY!!!  they fixed this a couple weeks ago and life is SOOOO MUCH EASIER now!!

thank you thank you!

Mike B

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Just another example in a long line of ebay management's self destructive policy changes. Since it's always about the $$ with ebay, they obviously see this change as enhancing their bottom line, like defaulting to the most expensive shipping method instead of the shipping option the seller offered. Is it any wonder their stock has tanked over the last several years?.  

Message 30 of 32
latest reply