cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not switch listing from free to calculated shipping

I have a old listing from 2014 that was still on "Free" shipping and I decided to switch it to calculated and for the life of me I can not see how to switch it from "Free" to calculated

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When editing the listing, should be under Shipping Policy:

Screenshot 2024-01-22 113427.png

You can create a new policy straight from here, edit your current selection or create a new one here https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage and then apply it when editing the listing.

I have to admit though, I don't know what the edit options are if you 'opted out' of using Business Policies.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have experienced that same glitch after all the constant eBay updates and USPS constantly changing service and fees. 

You just about have to start fresh. Open a new eBay screen. Maybe click on a more current new listing and then sell select sell similar. Do all your category changes as needed and cut and paste the details from your old listing to save some time. 

I feel at times we work for eBay for free. Sellers are constantly having to revise listings. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can create a new policy straight from here, edit your current selection or create a new one here https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage and then apply it when editing the listing.

I have to admit though, I don't know what the edit options are if you 'opted out' of using Business Policies.

You don't have to create a shipping policy, in fact they become a pain to manage. The options look a lot different if you don't have a policy and you can just use standard shipping under the shipping method and the next box down where it has Domestic shipping simply select Calculated cost varies based on buyer location. Be sure to input your package dimensions and weight. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It should be in this area of your listing. If you cannot see it then you may have to do as  sextons-sweet-deals suggested and create a new listing using sell similar. 

dbfolks166mt_2-1705956360716.png

dbfolks166mt_3-1705956414074.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Assuming you are not using business policies ,  try deleting the service, change to calculated shipping and  then adding the service again

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sometimes it helps to change first the "cost type" to "flat rate: Same cost regardless of buyers location" and then click on the "offer free shipping" box.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Assuming you are not using business policies ,  try deleting the service, change to calculated shipping and  then adding the service again

I am not using business policies, I started to one time but was overwhelmed with the fact that I had so many different ones already but this listing was set up originally as USPS first class package and when I switched it t0 ground advantage or whatever, that apparently fixed the problem

Message 8 of 8
latest reply