cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer had a porch pirate open her package and blamed it on part being incorrect.....incorrect blame

i shipped an item to buyer that had no sharp edge and was  one of those brown pouches that are filled with packing material. it was 12-8 inch dimension.  buyer sent pictures of package that was completely torn open. but there are no sharp edges of any kind on the package which was mfg from plastic.  the item weighed less than 3 oz and although things can happen with usps, i feel fairly confident the mail person would not have delivered the package in that condition.  what bother me are two things, a.......buyer was lying about the incident, plastic packaging does not tear a 12 dimension    8 inches long gash especially when the part inside was 4''.  i sent in an appeal basically describing the above along with pictures that ebay had from the buyer. the denied the appeal. what if anything can i do to escalate an unjust and beyond incredible event . thx

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

buyer had a porch pirate open her package and blamed it on part being incorrect.....incorrect blame

Sellers are responsible for getting a buyer's purchase to them in the condition stated in the listing. 

You have no idea what actually transpired after the item was delivered nor do you know the condition of the package when it was delivered.

Porch pirates take packages and run they don't tear them up where they are and leave with the contents. 
Postal carriers just deliver packages. I received a delivery of an empty package that was shoved into my mailbox by the postal carrier who works my area no notice that the contents were gone, nothing. 

So yes, postal carriers will deliver mangled packages either with or without any notice on it.

You didn't say what sort of case the buyer opened. 
If it was a not as described through eBay, you should have sent the buyer a return label, then refund when you received it.

If it was item not received all you needed to do was upload tracking proving delivery, eBay would gave found in your favor. 

If your buyer opened a dispute through their financial institution and they found in the buyers favor its over and done with .

If you already had an appeal denied I don't think there's anything more you can do.  Sorry. 

If I'm incorrect someone will chime in to tell me. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Packages can and will tear open even if there are no sharp edges on the item inside.

You are wasting your time with an appeal.

My opinion is to settle the mater and move on. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So you are making a lot of assumptions without evidence, so eBay will decide against you.

Things like 'I don't feel that could happen', 'I don't feel this story makes sense'. None of this matters. EBay will ignore all of it, as they should.

, i feel fairly confident the mail person would not have delivered the package in that condition.

This is wrong, I've had packages delivered that appear they were ran over and they decided to reverse and run over it again.

If they opened an INAD case your only option is to issue a return label.

Once you get the item back if you feel that the buyer did abusive behavior with this and returned an item not in the condition then you

First) Report the buyer. On the order details page 'Report'.

If you offer 30 Day free returns (as an above average seller) or 30 Day returns (TRS) then you can deduct upto 50% of the refund for loss value.

If they disagree and go to eBay, then eBay can make the decision if they want to pay the 50% remainder out of their pocket.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply