cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer didnt pay; I relisted but the same buyer with a new alias user name bid and again didnt pay.

Received a bid from the buyer.  Never paid and no communication. This buyer opened an Ebay account in August 2022 and has 0 feedback.

I relisted the item and received a bid from the buyer.  Never paid.  This buyer opened an Ebay account in August 2022 and has 3 feedbacks (2 are ones of non payment).

User names and date of account opening are too similar.  So......what is the point of doing this and what is the "game" being played?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

buyer didnt pay; I relisted but the same buyer with a new alias user name bid and again didnt pay.

@chokestone 

Naming and shaming isn't allowed. 

Both people may or may not be the same person. Those types of IDs are given by ebay and aren't chosen by the members. 

Just block and relist, preferably as FP/IPR. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Another problem bidder.    You might want to list as fixed price / buy it now set to require payment right away. No sale is made until the buyer pays with that.  Solves a lot of non payment issues.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@chokestone 

You do know that you can set up your buyer requirements to where the buyer must have a way to pay before they bid?  Hopefully someone else will reply and show you or just go to your buyer requirements and check it off.  It's somewhat of a new feature due to what you have just posted.  Just a suggestion as this topic is a constant on this forum and yes it's a pain in the you know what when these sport bidders play games.  Sorry for your situation. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Those sound like Guest Accounts to me.  Probably not the same buyer, unless you checked that the name and address was the same.  Just unlucky.  Definitely listing as fixed price, immediate payment required, should eliminate that issue.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@chokestone 

Naming and shaming isn't allowed. 

Both people may or may not be the same person. Those types of IDs are given by ebay and aren't chosen by the members. 

Just block and relist, preferably as FP/IPR. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Just caught this:  If 2 of his feedbacks mention nonpayment, then it seems like those sellers didn't take the correct action which would have been to cancel, citing "buyer did not pay".  That way, all of the smart sellers who have set their buyer requirements not to deal with a bidder who has had two nonpayment strikes in 12 months would have not had to suffer with this person.  And, if you have your buyer requirements set that way, you would not have had to deal with him either.  Think about it.

Cancelling as in my suggestion not only helps the seller who cancelled, but future sellers also.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

As ckimodog mentioned you can try turning on the current test option to see if you can thwart the non-payers. Be advised this feature does come with some drawbacks which are discussed in a number of posts on this forum. To turn this on from you account settings, selling preferences edit your buyers and down at the bottom check the first box. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1695225001817.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1695225029766.png

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

You do know that you can set up your buyer requirements to where the buyer must have a way to pay before they bid?

Maybe I am incorrect, but I thought not all buyers were enrolled in this test yet?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I did go to Selling Preferences and blocked those two buyers.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I went to Selling Preferences: Buyer Requirements and Buyer Payments and changed my preferences.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Did you cancel these as non-payment, so they would get strikes?  Leaving a false positive isn't allowed.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@chokestone 

You do know that you can set up your buyer requirements to where the buyer must have a way to pay before they bid?  Hopefully someone else will reply and show you or just go to your buyer requirements and check it off.  It's somewhat of a new feature due to what you have just posted.  Just a suggestion as this topic is a constant on this forum and yes it's a pain in the you know what when these sport bidders play games.  Sorry for your situation. 

Cue the members who are totally against this ebay improvement 😀

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

block buyer. 

Do checks to see if feedback is all the same. 

Look at who you are selling to and then cancel the sale if things seem wrong. If you think something is wrong, it's wrong!

So sorry.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I've noticed that some sellers (and I just did this with the last buyer) leave a false positive.  I hate to do this but when I go to Feedback/Rate Experience, I only see Positive.  There are no other choices.  And when I go to Report Buyer, there are a number of reasons, but none are "Non-Payment. Years ago, I never had a problem with Non-Payment Buyers, but it seems that in the last year or two, it has become a common occurrence. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@chokestone wrote:

I've noticed that some sellers (and I just did this with the last buyer) leave a false positive.  I hate to do this but when I go to Feedback/Rate Experience, I only see Positive.  There are no other choices.  And when I go to Report Buyer, there are a number of reasons, but none are "Non-Payment. Years ago, I never had a problem with Non-Payment Buyers, but it seems that in the last year or two, it has become a common occurrence. 

You "report" a non-paying buyer by waiting for 4 days and then cancelling with the reason that the buyer didn't pay. The buyer will get a strike and THAT is how you notify eBay of what the buyer has done. The report Buyer link is intended for other types of issues, non-payment isn't one of them.

Leaving a false positive is a policy violation (by seller)

No paying is a policy violation (by buyer)

Take the high road and follow the proper procedures, don't sink to the level of the buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Message 15 of 15
latest reply