cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a registered user

Hi, there have seen several instances where I have searched for certain items that sold, I wanted to get an idea of what the value is of an item.   I found that the higher priced items that have sold and you clicked on the item, and then found that the buyer is "Not a registered user" and the seller has a feedback of 0, or when you click on the item you get "we've looked everywhere".  What is going on it seems like it is some kind of scam but I am not sure on who's part!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Not a registered user

Dolphintale154,

Can you please give us an example of an item?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

Its pretty much evidence that it was a bogus sale, done to try to skew stats on a particular item, usually to try to get an increased price on something, falsely inflating demand and the price/sale history of said item.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

If it shows NARU..........not a register user........it usually means Ebay has kicked them off..............

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

Hi, here is one example, when you click on the sold item it states "we've looked everywhere" , item number 125103992966

Here is the other example, item number is  144481344136. It's funny when you search by the item number it can't be found.

Sold Apr 5, 2022Sold Item

1995 Ty Snort the Bull Original Beanie Baby

Brand New
$200.00
Seller: castut10 (0) 0%
1 bid
Item: 144481344136
+$5.50 shipping

Winning bid:
$200.00
Shipping:
$5.50 Standard Shipping
  • Bids:
  • Bidders:
  • Retractions:
  • Time Ended:
    5 Apr 2022 at 3:29:46pm PDT
  • Duration:
    7 days

Bid Amount Bid Time

Highest Bidder6***iFeedback Score (0)Not a registered user
$200.00
5 Apr 2022 at 3:09:09pm PDT
Starting price
$200.00
29 Mar 2022 at 3:29:46pm PDT
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

Beanies have the most people who are just fooling around. All those $300-$3,000 sold items are nothing but players. They like to play games with those sellers listing at super high prices thinking they can get big bucks for their Beanies. You need to be realistic and check all the sold items that went for the "real" going rate of $30, not $300-$3,000.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

Pretty much any time you see a mass-produced item that routinely sells for twenty dollars or less that appears to have sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars, you should be very suspicious. This is true whether the item is a Beanie Baby, a Corning-ware dish, or a Disney VHS tape.

Particularly when either the buyer or seller has zero feedback (or both do), indicating that feedback was not exchanged. If money does not change hands, and the seller cancels the transaction and does not pay eBay fees, in most cases feedback cannot be left. You may also see the seller immediately relist the item. That is another indication that no money actually changed hands, and the prices shown are not for real transactions.

Zero-feedback transactions with high dollar price tags are often a sign that someone -- either the buyer, the seller or both -- is trying create an appearance that at item is worth much more than it really is. In many cases, the ultimate aim is to convince someone else to pay much more than the item is actually worth in the hopes of selling it for a huge profit down the road.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

Thank you for everyone's reply.  I think the most confusing part for me is when it states that the buyer "is not a registered user",  how can you buy something when you are not a registered user"?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

I think the most confusing part for me is when it states that the buyer "is not a registered user", how can you buy something when you are not a registered user"?

Most likely the account was suspended shortly after making the purchase -- possibly as a direct or indirect result of that transaction. User accounts must be registered to make a bid or purchase.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

should i ship to someone who is not a registered user ?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

@lloydsteventaylor wrote:

should i ship to someone who is not a registered user ?

No. Did you really need to ask? You should cancel the transaction and refund their payment (if they paid). That's probably what the email from eBay said.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

it's a display bug only.  but in reality, the seller has sold to a valid buyer.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

@dvkk17a 

Your reply is incorrect.  Not a registered user means ebay suspended them from using their platform to buy or sell.  Usually because they use Ebay as a playground and most likely have been suspended before.

It's important to have the facts straight and correct before giving advice.  Not to mention this thread is 7 months old and they got the correct advise from those who have first hand knowledge. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

All of the sellers are 0 rated as well Bid on 130 items and won almost all items HIGH Dollar amounts, without any feedback?????

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ViewBidderProfile?&mode=1&item=385256970234&bidtid=1372938028025&_trksid=p...

Bidding Information
Bidder:
0***9 (0) Not a registered user
0% Positive
Item description:
Ty 4107 Scoop the Pelican Beanie Babies
Bids on this item:
30-Day Summary
Total bids:
Items bid on:
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
0%

Bid retractions:
Bid retractions (12 months):
30-Day Bid History
User's 30 day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid
Home & Garden > Air Nailers & Staplers
1*
d***g
1h
Collectibles > Sculptures & Figurines
1*
<1h
Collectibles > Other Animation Merchandise
1*
a***r
<1h
Collectibles > Plush Toys
1*
e***_
<1h
Collectibles > Other Star Trek Collectibles
1*
u***0
<1h
Collectibles > Typewriters
1*
b***i
<1h
Computers/Tablets & Networking > Apple Laptops
1*
-***i
1h
Jewelry & Watches > Wristwatches
e***2
<1h
Cell Phones & Accessories > Smart Watches
1*
i***i
<1h
1*
d***e
<1h
Collectibles > Alarm Clocks & Clock Radios
1*
r***i
<1h
Jewelry & Watches > Necklaces & Pendants
1*
2***2
<1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Trading Card Singles
1*
e***8
1h
Computers/Tablets & Networking > Printers
1*
7***-
1h
1*
c***9
<1h
1*
_***5
<1h
1*
9***d
<1h
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Athletic Shoes
2*
g***4
<1h
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Bags & Handbags
6***5
1h
Toys & Hobbies > Retired
1*
r***c
5h
o***-
1h
k***d
<1h
6***d
<1h
1*
5***u
<1h
i***h
<1h
eBay Motors > Motorcycle Jackets
4***3
<1h
Sporting Goods > Other Ski & Snowboard
1*
2***8
<1h
d***d
<1h
1*
j***o
<1h
d***d
<1h
To keep eBay a safe place for buyers and sellers, member-specific information is not displayed in the bid history.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Not a registered user

I'm having this issue now. I sell baseball cards and have 100% positive feedback on over 50 sales. I have two items that say "send offer eligible", but BOTH come back with this same message. If eBay has suspended a user, why cant they remove the user from the "eligible offer" list so that I can send offers? This is the first time this has happened to me. Ill give it a day and try again but its frustrating.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply