cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are funds held while item goes through authentication?

I sold my first item that has to go to an authenticator before going to the buyer. Are the funds held during that process or are they still released as they normally are? I'm definitely uncharted territory with this one.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

As a new seller your funds will be held for at least 30 days to insure the transaction was positive and that the item is authentic. 

You've sold a lot of high dollar items for a new seller.  There may be other issues.  New sellers are under Ebays radar.  You also do not list the condition of the card. Selling high dollar items in a very short time period can set off red flags.

Just giving you a heads up.

Good luck.

Congrats on your sales.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

$ will be held until authentication is completed; for all new and old sellers.

I don't see anything on this account of yours that would have went there, so it's hard to determine if you are a 'new seller' or not; which could also cause an additional 30 day hold if it's high dollar. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just sold an item that went through authentication and my monies were processed and deposited on the same timetable as any other sale.  I've been on here since God was a boy so that might have something to do with it.. 🙂

-C

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Actually eBay holds the funds until the purchaser receives the item from their authenticator. This is ridiculous as the seller's funds should be made available once the item is received and authenticated by eBay or their authenticators as the seller has completed and fulfilled their obligation of the contract or purchase. The only reason eBay continues to hold funds is to hold you the seller responsible for their packaging and shipment to the purchaser. If the item is not received by the purchaser your funds will not be released and would have to submit a claim to eBay after some waiting period.  Lol unbelievable right. And there's no guarantee you will be paid for the item you you sent to them and they received an authenticated, nor will you be reimbursed the value which is normally higher than what you sold it for on eBay. So as a seller you're pretty much screwed. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@antnbia2009 

This is a 18 month old thread and the OP is Naru.  It's always a good idea to start your own instead of piggybacking on other threads that are no  longer significant.  Look at the OP's feedback.  Its pretty evident why they were naru'd. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply