cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else in the path of the total eclipse??

just curious if anyone is adjusting handling times as traffic is "supposed" to be a nightmare in our area ..

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I am not in the path this time but I was in Carbondale, Illinois in 2017, drove 150 miles with my daughter and family to watch the eclipse. About a 3 hour drive down, close to 15 hours going home and that was on Interstate 55. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1712171484995.jpeg

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

I’m in the path - and it never occurred to me to change anything.  I doubt that traffic will be a nightmare in sleepy Powell, Ohio.  

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

We are outside of Cleveland....considering the Women's NCAA is going on as well as the Guardians Home Opener as well as a Solar Eclipse.....

This could get ugly around here.....

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I’m in New York City and prisoners in our jails and prisons are suing for their “religious right” 

to see the eclipse.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

YES NW Pa gonna see the Total Eclipse here... Up in Erie they are selling hotel rooms for $1000.00 a night! 

No one should be on i79 or 90 anywhere near Erie They are expecting like 100,000 people 

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I’m in the path - and it never occurred to me to change anything.  I doubt that traffic will be a nightmare in sleepy Powell, Ohio.  

I wouldn't bet on that. I was in central Illinois during the last one. We came home up interstate 55 from Carbondale Illinois to a small town in central Illinois. Most of the way home traffic looked like the picture I posted in a previous response. 

I remember well sitting at a dead stop on I-55 for about 15 minutes just outside of a town called Funks Grove. Google that one. 🙂 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

i am in a tiny "town" in a very rural county and the emergency management office has warned of major traffic issues .. i work at a gas station and we have been told to have our storage tanks full and topped off ....

and i ordered extra beer just in case 😛

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

We have friends camping in some sleepy areas in Arkansas for it. After getting off the interstate, you have to use mostly two-lane roads to get there. Those roads are busy on typical summer weekends. Can't imagine them, or the tiny towns along the way that they connect, serving the hundreds of thousands of people that are expected this weekend. 

They'll run out of everything, especially gas. At least the weather is supposed to be beautiful, and they can enjoy it as they crawl along.  I do love that the places along the floating rivers will see good business this early in the year. We're usually with the early-birds when we go in May.

But to your question, I'm a few hours away, so won't be affected.  Sellers in those remote towns would probably want to extend shipping to Tuesday. 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Yep, I assume that there will be plenty of traffic from those on I-71, going from Columbus (or farther south) to the  Cleveland area.  People traveling for the eclipse won’t want to stop in my area - better to drive another 90 minutes to hit the center of the path.

Thankfully, Powell isn’t on an exit from any highway 🙂 and I’m staying local - taking my kids and partner to the zoo, weather permitting, which is in Powell.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

I sure would extend shipping time and particularly not count on USPS pickup at homes......never hurts to be proactive on something like this.......

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

i am surrounded by wineries and state parks .. and 2 lakes .. so gonna extend handling time

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

eBay should do that for those areas. 
I'm curious to see how or when our mail carrier gets here.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

I don't even know what the path is let alone WHEN it is.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@whimsyonthewinetrail wrote:

i am in a tiny "town" in a very rural county and the emergency management office has warned of major traffic issues .. i work at a gas station and we have been told to have our storage tanks full and topped off ....

and i ordered extra beer just in case 😛

@whimsyonthewinetrail 

My little hometown was at ground zero during Fall, 2017. Your way is what worked for us! 🙌

Message 15 of 35
latest reply