cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspension and fund on hold forever

Ebay suspended my account (for apparently wrong reasons) and my fund was on hold since June/July last year. 

I asked multiples times and in August 2023 they said they would release the fund after 2 months if there was no transaction fault. Then I asked then again in Nov and Dec 2023 and same replies.

They keep delaying the release and it seems that they don't want release the fund back to me. 

I e-mail to their appeal department and it seems they don't care as well.

Can anyone tell me what I can do now? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: account suspension and fund on hold forever

@ebooksdiva wrote:

I was only directing you to what that persons issue is that's all, no it is not the same as the OPs in this post.  

Thank you.  There are a few active threads on the subject of account suspension, but I don't think any of them are for similar reasons that this thread appears to be about.  I could however be wrong.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@yez082 wrote:

first, apparently wrong reasons (not no reason). It is because I brought down 4 listings because the starting prices were too low and I was losing money on previous sales. They thought that I was dealing with outside eBay sales but I didn't. So what they said was "suspicious activities".

second, they already replied that I would get fund released after 2 months for 3 times starting in August. So who is the deciver?

The time when Ebay might think that you are selling the items outside of Ebay is if you closed some auctions that had bids on them.  

Closing fixed price listings or auctions without any bids doesn't raise any red flags.  It is a normal thing to happen on Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Good luck with that. Read the user agreement. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay doesn't suspend accounts for no reason or wrong reasons. 
The message they sent to you regarding the suspension will tell you why you are suspended.

No one in this forum can help you with your problem. Sorry. 

How incredibly naive. I have personally seen them suspend accounts for wrong reasons. Also they sometimes will not tell you why, claiming that it is against policy for them to give you the reason.  

Message 19 of 19
latest reply