cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZERO Seller Protection

Been on eBay since 1998 and I am SICK and TIRED of them.  Have a seller's account since 2007 doing automotive parts and a eBay crook buyer just screwed us out of $700!!!  He was an arrogant and aggressive user and we knew this was going to be trouble. Asked for pictures of brand new item worth $750 which we sent of course then started a return saying it was a piece of garbage (this is for a brand new Genuine factory BMW part in the factory package) and we received it today completely destroyed, not just cracked from shipping box was perfect. He took a hammer and destroyed the part in 100 pieces then shipped it back to us. Guess what eBay won't do anything about it of course. We do $30k average per month with 20k 100% positive feedback. We pay eBay close to $40k a year in fees alone not counting PayPal fees. They are out to get their highest rated sellers and do whatever for the crook buyers.

I am DONE with this place, I will never pay another dime to eBay, closing our store tonight and I'm closing my private account as well and will never purchase a single item from this site. The hell with eBay and their executive crooks. I vented and I feel better, see you all on the other side.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

ZERO Seller Protection

How horrible and sad.  I understand that auto parts are a difficult thing to sell due to returns, but yours is an extreme example to be sure.  Hope you feel somewhat better for venting, and wishing you all the best in the future.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Yep ... eBay has 2 or 3 glaring problems, and one of those is that they will believe a brand new buyer using a guest account and a disposable email address, rather than believe a multi-year seller with a strong pattern of honesty and good customer service.

At a minimum, eBay needs to have a Trusted Seller Program to put some restraints on the criminal activity on this site.

@stockjedi wrote:

... then started a return saying it was a piece of garbage (this is for a brand new Genuine factory BMW part in the factory package) and we received it today completely destroyed, not just cracked from shipping box was perfect. He took a hammer and destroyed the part in 100 pieces then shipped it back to us. Guess what eBay won't do anything about it of course.

eBay has a policy that specifically states that a buyer must return the merchandise in the condition received.  This policy is being broken by the buyer.  If eBay wants to waive their own policy, then that's fine ... but, eBay should be the party to pay the money for waiving the policy, and not this seller.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

@orangehound wrote:

Yep ... eBay has 2 or 3 glaring problems, and one of those is that they will believe a brand new buyer using a guest account and a disposable email address, rather than believe a multi-year seller with a strong pattern of honesty and good customer service.

At a minimum, eBay needs to have a Trusted Seller Program to put some restraints on the criminal activity on this site.

@stockjedi wrote:

... then started a return saying it was a piece of garbage (this is for a brand new Genuine factory BMW part in the factory package) and we received it today completely destroyed, not just cracked from shipping box was perfect. He took a hammer and destroyed the part in 100 pieces then shipped it back to us. Guess what eBay won't do anything about it of course.

eBay has a policy that specifically states that a buyer must return the merchandise in the condition received.  This policy is being broken by the buyer.  If eBay wants to waive their own policy, then that's fine ... but, eBay should be the party to pay the money for waiving the policy, and not this seller.

Great post, to the point.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

@calntom wrote:

@orangehound wrote:

@stockjedi wrote:

Great post, to the point.

Unreal! 

Its facilitated fraud by Ebay. It needs to be handled but instead they are to busy figuring out other money grabs like GTC. The amount of people being defrauded is out of control

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Respectfully speaking,

selling here since 2007

$30K in sales per month

and now, one $750.00 loss.

Many of us envy you actually.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

And generally speaking,

the entire reason people should be selling on eBay is

because eBay gives them higher sales price potential than they can get elsewhere.

That 'extra' money eBay makes us .. should offset the occasional (but unavoidable) losses .. that occur everywhere.

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

I'm kind of curious why someone would do that to you...

Seems to me this buyer wasn't just out to get something for nothing, seems a lot more personal than that...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Hi, are you sure it was your part you got back? Could they have switched out a used part, destroyed that, and kept your new part? There is far greater financial benefit to keeping an expensive part and getting a full refund compared to destroying the new part and sending it back.

Sorry to hear this is the straw that broke your camel’s back. Below is a link to the policy governing the closing of one’s account. Best wishes to you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Before you quit fight back, call the cops, open cases with the shipping company. Report the buyer. There’s an internet fraud place to report to but I don’t know much about it. 

Do what you can to fight the fraud. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Call their mother!
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

Someone did this to me with an art object. He totally destroyed it before he shipped it back on my nickel. I figure he was angry because I accepted his return~even though it was sold as "No returns". He was pretty sure he would be getting it for FREE! eBay credited me a $10. coupon after I called CS and pitched a fit. Hardly made up for my loss.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

@enzo7117 wrote:
Someone did this to me with an art object. He totally destroyed it before he shipped it back on my nickel. I figure he was angry because I accepted his return~even though it was sold as "No returns". He was pretty sure he would be getting it for FREE! eBay credited me a $10. coupon after I called CS and pitched a fit. Hardly made up for my loss.

IMHO if he was mad at you for accepting a return and wanted to get the item for free, he would have returned a block of wood or a phone book or an empty box. Destroying it is the last thing he would have done. 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

You are correct after inspecting the item they send us their old scratched up and broken one and kept the brand new item. Going to file a police report, an FBI Internet fraud complaint and go after this scum until we get a resolution.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

ZERO Seller Protection

@luckythewinner 

Hey, Lucky! Years ago when the rules were actually fair, I sold a Sound of Music style, 40's cape for I think 40 bucks. So this buyer pays for it. Not an auction. So I send it, she claims it was damaged with a lining split...well the pics show differently...so in those days you could deny a return without getting dinged...I denied it...then (when we could see what buyers were buying, remember that) ? Well I researched it, saw that my size Medium should have been a size XXXXXXL and she same day bought another cape for more than mine in a szie XXXXXXXXL..I refused the return. She slashed the silk lining to get a refund. Didn't get it, and was more than happy to accept the red donut. Those type of people are still out there, trust me. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 15 of 21
latest reply