cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZERO Seller Protection

Been on eBay since 1998 and I am SICK and TIRED of them.  Have a seller's account since 2007 doing automotive parts and a eBay crook buyer just screwed us out of $700!!!  He was an arrogant and aggressive user and we knew this was going to be trouble. Asked for pictures of brand new item worth $750 which we sent of course then started a return saying it was a piece of garbage (this is for a brand new Genuine factory BMW part in the factory package) and we received it today completely destroyed, not just cracked from shipping box was perfect. He took a hammer and destroyed the part in 100 pieces then shipped it back to us. Guess what eBay won't do anything about it of course. We do $30k average per month with 20k 100% positive feedback. We pay eBay close to $40k a year in fees alone not counting PayPal fees. They are out to get their highest rated sellers and do whatever for the crook buyers.

I am DONE with this place, I will never pay another dime to eBay, closing our store tonight and I'm closing my private account as well and will never purchase a single item from this site. The hell with eBay and their executive crooks. I vented and I feel better, see you all on the other side.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: ZERO Seller Protection

Hi,

you are right about your concern and addressing the issue, but if something is not stated in ebay and you know that you are going to ship expensive part to some buyer, you were suppose to take insurance always from carrier, no matter broken by buyer , atleast can cover loss, by registered mail and insurance. when system is not perfect than we have scammers there, and its everywhere, in my personal opinion, ebay is still thousand times better than amazon, if you start sell on amazon than you will get every week destroyed parts , just always use register mail and  insurance from carrier ,its better to reduce profit than get destroyed parts, ebay should also define some policy for such scammers, the new buyer accounts should be restricted to first 5 transaction that they cannot return the item without providing valid evidence.

To be honest no any online website is safe place to sell heavy equipment's.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

take photos of everything. document every call/text. post it everywhere.  i mean everywhere. if you're off ebay there's nothing they can do. call ebay back, record the conversation, you must tell them they're being recorded, than contact your local tv station specifically one that has a consumer unit. prepare all of the evidence. let them take ebay to task. too many today are digital cowards. they go no further than the screen. you have to step out from behind the laptop or the phone & SPEAK.

ebay knows most will just shut up & take it. don't be one of them.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@stockjedi wrote:
You are correct after inspecting the item they send us their old scratched up and broken one and kept the brand new item. Going to file a police report, an FBI Internet fraud complaint and go after this scum until we get a resolution.

Mail fraud    

18 U.S.C. § 1341 provides: 

"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a Presidential declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[3]"

[Notes] 

1.  "Mail Fraud". Findlaw. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 14 April2019.
  2. ^ "Wire Fraud". Findlaw. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
  3. ^ 18 U.S.C. § 1341.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@stockjedi wrote:

Been on eBay since 1998 and I am SICK and TIRED of them.  Have a seller's account since 2007 doing automotive parts and a eBay crook buyer just screwed us out of $700!!!  He was an arrogant and aggressive user and we knew this was going to be trouble. Asked for pictures of brand new item worth $750 which we sent of course then started a return saying it was a piece of garbage (this is for a brand new Genuine factory BMW part in the factory package) and we received it today completely destroyed, not just cracked from shipping box was perfect. He took a hammer and destroyed the part in 100 pieces then shipped it back to us. Guess what eBay won't do anything about it of course. We do $30k average per month with 20k 100% positive feedback. We pay eBay close to $40k a year in fees alone not counting PayPal fees. They are out to get their highest rated sellers and do whatever for the crook buyers.

I am DONE with this place, I will never pay another dime to eBay, closing our store tonight and I'm closing my private account as well and will never purchase a single item from this site. The hell with eBay and their executive crooks. I vented and I feel better, see you all on the other side.

I've had this happen. I requested escalation to Executive Resolutions. Eventually the user was naru'd.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@stockjedi 

We do $30k average per month with 20k 100% positive feedback. We pay eBay close to $40k a year in fees alone

While it is more than annoying that eBay is not helping you, given the size of your business, you should be calling your commercial insurance broker about your coverage in cases like this.

Overall in retail, a loss rate (to loss in transit, damage, and shoptheft) of one percent is pretty average. Your particular field may have higher rates, your insurance broker would be able to tell you the norms.

I'm assuming this is a posting ID, or the buying ID you mention.

Losing a $700 part from a $400K annual income .... maybe shutting down is a bit of an over-reaction.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Fwiw, seems to me in cases like this, where the seller has a long established track record then that ought to be a factor. I can't think of any other situation where each parties history / track record wouldn't play a major role in resolving a dispute?  It does when you apply for a job or credit. The assumption is that past behavior means something.  Now perhaps in some of these cases there isn't enough information to go on, so be it, but to have a seller like the OP enter every dispute from ground zero is crazy stuff (imo).     

Message 21 of 21
latest reply