cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow that sold fast!

Literally, in less than a minute, I just listed an item and it sold.

Like moments after I clicked submit, it sold so fast I thought it was a glitch.

Doesn't happen often that way, yes the price was right lol

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Wow that sold fast!

Unless you sold something in a month....the funds you made from this will be about 30+ days.

And item will have to be mailed using your own money when you are supposed to mail it.

Usually anything containing "gold" sells in minutes with the right price. I have done it and made money in minutes after posting the item for sale.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

@broto_64 wrote:

Like moments after I clicked submit, it sold so fast I thought it was a glitch.

Doesn't happen often that way, yes the price was right lol

When I have something sell on the first day my first thought is, could I have got more?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

Wouldn't seller be able to use pending funds for the shipment?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

No...just like promoted listing fees, refunds fees, etc....those come out immediately after a sale and do show a negative balance in "available funds"...I had a negative balance all last week...sold but my promoted listings were rather high

I can't imagine a seller having a negative balance in "available funds" for 30 days...that would probably close the seller's account.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

How did your customer find it?

I heard the search is broken.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

Over the years I've had a few items sell within the hour after posting.  Never less than a minute though.  Good for you!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

@broto_64 wrote:

That reminded me of the "good old days". When I would list a dozen items on Friday and then on Monday transfer hundreds of pounds from PayPal to my bank account.

I guess those days will never return.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

eBay used to have something like "Want & Have", something to match  buyers and sellers, many people search eBay and if they can't find, they save the search, which will alert them if the new listing matches their saved search. It has to be someone using this.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

No...just like promoted listing fees, refunds fees, etc....those come out immediately after a sale and do show a negative balance in "available funds"...I had a negative balance all last week...sold but my promoted listings were rather high

I can't imagine a seller having a negative balance in "available funds" for 30 days...that would probably close the seller's account.

That is not correct, shipping can most certainly be paid using pending funds and will not harm the sellers account.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

@broto_64 

Bravo, Broto!  Keep up the good work!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

I had one like that today also. Not minutes, but within a hours time. And I had the same thought as @bashort :

"When I have something sell on the first day my first thought is, could I have got more?" 

Noname.jpg

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

I'm guessing you're answering something that was edited out of the OP maybe?

I've had neg available funds and still been able to use pending funds for a label.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Wow that sold fast!

@bashort wrote:

When I have something sell on the first day my first thought is, could I have got more?

LOL, same. I've had three things sell within an hour or two of listing in the past couple of weeks, and each time my first thought was "Dang, I should have priced that higher!"

Message 14 of 14
latest reply