cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midwest Weather

Will ebay accommodate shipping delays in our feed back for the snow storm?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Midwest Weather

Good question...with those shipping hubs in Carol Stream and Glendale Heights Illinois. 

During a big snow...my concern is not feedback but for "repeat buyers" who might not buy from me again.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

There IS NO penatly for 'late delivery' as long as tracking shows the carrier has the item. Many times tracking will say 'it's running late but still moving' etc. 

If by 'accommodate' you mean against INR's? usually then, tracking shows what I stated above and they make the buyer 'wait' a bit before doing anything (once seller answers with tracking number showing on time 'give' to the carrier)

Regarding 'repeat' business- most people on the internet buying on ebay, also see the news' on the interwebs and they know that 50% of the USA and CANADA is under VERY typical Winter Storms. Probably ALSO not an issue for most. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

eBay has a very uneven history of accommodating weather-related seller issues.  AFAIK, they only adjust their own expected shipping and delivery dates, and do not pay attention to feedback or DSRs which reveal buyers' disappointments.  Therefore it's prudent for sellers to be pro-active: when challenging weather is forecast, put your listings on Time Away for a day or two, or extend your handling time.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

My selling has hit a low since yesterday and I don't care due to the weather outside my zone where I live. Weather perfect in San Francisco but apparently crappy elsewhere in the USA.

Gives me more time to enjoy sunny in the 60's...like every day.

Unless its a hurricane I don't think there will be accommodations or a major fire like in Hawaii.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

eBay has a very uneven history of accommodating weather-related seller issues.  AFAIK, they only adjust their own expected shipping and delivery dates, and do not pay attention to feedback or DSRs which reveal buyers' disappointments.  Therefore it's prudent for sellers to be pro-active: when challenging weather is forecast, put your listings on Time Away for a day or two, or extend your handling time.

I've never understood sellers like that.

Ebay gives them the tools to use, but they would rather have Ebay fix their problems.

If I knew we are going to have some bad weather, I protected myself and shut down for a few days.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

Since feedback does not count against a seller as a defect, I say no they will not.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

❄️❄️❄️ Yes, we are in the middle of our first big snow storm ❄️❄️❄️

Funny enough, sales hit a wall today and we’re okay with it. Not venturing out for postal run in this mess is a bonus!

🔥 Crackling fire, hot toddy and a much needed night off is in the works 😁

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

@tree6 

Probably not...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

Uhhmm. The post office closed early yesterday due to sickness so walked 8 blocks today to get there.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

Besides winter storms there's also high winds and power outages which can cause shipping delays  

Severe Weather.jpg

"Snowblind"  -Styx

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

Not sure.  up your shipping and handling times as a precaution.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Midwest Weather

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I've never understood sellers like that.

Ebay gives them the tools to use, but they would rather have Ebay fix their problems.

If I knew we are going to have some bad weather, I protected myself and shut down for a few days.

Exactly. I knew we were going to be having bad weather today, so I shipped out all of my orders from over the weekend yesterday. That way even if I got a sale yesterday or today (which I did, on both days), I don't have to ship them until Thursday.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply