cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow - Seller Fees are way to high - ripoff

I haven't sold anything on ebay in maybe about 10 years. I was shocked to be charge 10% of the items price. Wow! That is a complete ripoff. I will be closing my account and never using pathetic ebay again. There are so many newer and less expensive ways to sell now. I don't see why anyone would sell anything on ebay. What a horrible ripoff 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wow - Seller Fees are way to high - ripoff

The benefit of eBay is the large audience. Agreed... you didn't need that for PS5s nowadays. Dang.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The benefit of eBay is the large audience. Agreed... you didn't need that for PS5s nowadays. Dang.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Good luck on Craigslist.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

But selling a PS5 for double retail is ok. Hmmm.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

The final value fee rate for sellers who don't have a Store subscription has been 10% in most categories since 2013.

For sellers who have a Store subscription ay the Basic level or higher, the rate in the video consoles category is 4%. 

Too bad you didn't do some research first.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

true

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

But selling a PS5 for double retail is ok. Hmmm.

I had to laugh, too.  There have been a hundred threads started by people who are irate about sellers getting double or more the list price for Sony PS5s.  Now we have such a seller and he's here complaining about eBay taking its 10%.  Maybe I'll start a thread complaining about complaints about the buying and selling of PS5s on eBay.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 

Don't you know the Ebay 10% charge is extremely high, but the 100% markup the buyer must pay is OK ?

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Sounds fair for what you were selling.  Did you really think everything would have remained the same for 10 years?? C'mon give me a break! The only ripoff here is to your buyer for the item you sold...

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Yes - that's what I use. Craigslist is awesome.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Im looking at e Bid  no fees unless you sell.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

That's how eBay works, too, if you don't add listing upgrades like subtitles or reserves. Sellers get 200 free listings per month.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Be grateful you didn't open a store because then you'll be paying 12.35% + .30 for your overpriced PS5 on the FULL amount of the transaction (yes that includes sales tax that eBay has already collected and remitted to the applicable state AND shipping costs on top of that so hopefully you don't offer free shipping) therefore double dipping and profiting off of sales tax while they siphon the money out of your sales. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@pacecar2 wrote:

Im looking at e Bid  no fees unless you sell.

So in other words, no fees 🤔

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

LOL   They clearly state what they charge you for selling. How could it possibly be a "ripoff"?  You are under no obligation to list your **bleep** @ eBay if you don't like the price of admission. Yet you did.

Good luck with your yardsales.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply