cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Ebay remove negative feedback if shipped via EIS?

(posting id).  If I ship an item using Ebay's EIS, will any neutral/negative feedback be removed?  Here is the quote from Ebay's EIS page: "Any negative or neutral feedback from handling during international transit will be removed from your account."

Notice it says "from handling during international transit".  What does that mean?  If I get a negative (when using EIS) for any reason, will it be removed or are there stipulations and if so, what are they?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@modulok! 

"Notice it says "from handling during international transit".  What does that mean?"

When you sell an item through  eBay International Shipping, it first is sent to a domestic United States eBay shipping center.  Once it has passed the inspection at the eBay shipping center, it begins its international journey to the buyer.

So what eBay is attempting to say is that sellers are protected from negative or neutral feedback AFTER the item has been re-shipped to the international buyer by eBay -- eBay is acting as a third-party shipping party.

If an international buyer somehow manages to give you negative or neutral feedback, simply contact eBay to have it removed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I assume it means resulting from damage while in their care/hands. Pretty much the same as GSP.

Taken responsibility for any fallout from their own failings is something any customer would expect anyway.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Here is my situation...While I was sleeping (middle of the night) on 9/12 buyer purchases an item using EIS.  Then sends 5 rapid fire messages with just "?".  Then has Ebay send me a message stating that the buyer wants to cancel the purchase because "bought by mistake".  I wake up on the morning of 9/13 to see all the messages and the cancel request from Ebay.  So I cancel the sale (buyer requested).  A little after that, I get more "?" messages from buyer, so I block the buyer.

1 month to the day 10/12, the same exact buyer, using another ID, purchases the exact same item from me.  I did not realize it was the same buyer until after I shipped it via EIS.  So the potential for negative feedback is high since nobody likes to be blocked.  So what if this buyer gives me negative feedback for ANY reason their heart desires, is this negative removable because I shipped via EIS?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Neg/Neut feedback WILL be removed if the 'verbiage' that the 'buyer' uses, has anything to do with the shipping time. 

If they simply 'don't like' the item' or state it is NOT as Described- they can both 'open a return case for NAD' AND leave Neg/Neut feedback. 

If they do leave it about 'shipping time'- then you can have it removed (they can still leave it, you have to contact ebay (use facebook reps) to have it removed as it will NOT just 'fall off'. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello, I am in this exact situation and ebay has refused to remove negative feedback from an internationalbuyer after saying the feedback would "drop off" once the buyer returned the item to ebay international.  The allowed the buyer to review and deny my "revision request"

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have no idea if the feedback does drop off after return but the feedback was a result of them receiving the wrong color, not something that was caused by EIS.   Did you explain to the buyer that they can open a return and once the item has been sent back, ebay will refund them. Explain that you will not receive the item back,it goes directly back to ebay which is why an  exchange is not possible with EIS. Explain that once they are refunded they can purchase the correct item from you.  Hopefully that will help them to understand that the EIS system is not set up for exchanges and they will revise the feedback. (assuming that you want to accept another purchase from them)   Actually the domestic system isn't really set up well for exchanges either though it isn't against ebay policy.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply