cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is every change just for the worst??

It must be typical office people who never do the actual work or use the product.  Every change is for the worst.  Do not want seller hub.  Now it is forced upon everyone because of some genius(es), who never uses eBay, decided it was the best move.  It's bad enough the last change(s) are hurting sales with a decrease in views.  ARGH!  Stop changing things!!!  Good luck to all sellers.  🙂

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Why is every change just for the worst??

@oatreasure wrote:
The "classic" view is a new "classic" view. Everything is HUGE. Instead of seeing at least a dozen listings at a glance, only three or four fit on a page. Instead of seeing the info I want at a glance, it requires tons and tons of scrolling.

I have not used the classic view like you mentioned in a long time.  I have used sales manager pro for about 10 years before the selling hub was released.

The learning curve from the sales manager apps was very small because it uses the same basic format and I assume most sellers who do not like the seller hub is being moved from the classic views like you mentioned and are having a difficult time figuring out how to make it work for them.

It really should only take an hour or two to figure out the flow and why it works the way it does.  It make perfect sense to me and I think it will to others as well once they use it for a while.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 61 of 80
latest reply

I think it's NOT age. Why fix something that isn't broken.
Message 62 of 80
latest reply

I am ready to move onto an selling site, this is not worth my time and effort and unfortunetly people aren't using it as much as before.
Message 63 of 80
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

I think age also has a lot to do with it. It seems the older the person is the more they hate change. One of the biggest things many don't understand is they only see the change in what effects them. Ebay sees the big picture and how it effects millions.

Well I'm 77 years old and I can understand it. It is my slow pathetic DSL connection that can't understand it. I don't need to wait minutes and minutes while it spins and trys to decide what it needs to do next. If I get forced into SH then I might have to pack up myself and the cat and hang out in the lobby of Ebay so I can get fast connection speed ... think I could just live there? LOL

Message 64 of 80
latest reply

@toribo wrote:

I can understand new sellers needing to learn their new format BUT why force all these changes on sellers who are not asking for it? We list, we sell, we ship... If it is NOT broken DON'T fix-it!

Because that's just how technology in general goes-- things change and get updated whether you like it or not.  My job recently upgraded the software system we use for order processing.  Were we thrilled about it?  No.  Did we grumble a bit and deal with it?  Yes.

Message 65 of 80
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@debvor wrote:
You win the cigar. The fact is Ebay doesn't care about sellers which are Ebay's actual customers and not the people that buy from the sellers which are our customers.

The people who drive eBay's profits are the buyers. Those buyers are using eBay's website and services. It's obviously a hybrid arrangement, where buyers are your customers, but they're also eBay's. Arguing that buyers aren't eBay's customers simply isn't logical.

The people who drive eBay's profits are the SELLERS. The buyers are the ones who drive the sellers profits, whos portion of seller profits then go to eBay.

The perspective you are looking at it through is dismissing this fundamental aspect of the marketplaces design. If you remove the sellers, then there will no longer be buyers.

Let me lay it out for you:

1) If 10% of eBay's sellers disappeared off the face of the Earth, their sales would be absorbed by other eBay sellers; net effect on eBay: virtually none

2) If 10% of eBay's buyers disappeared off the face of the Earth, their purchases would disappear with them; net effect on eBay: 10% reduction in revenue.

Any argument that starts with "if you remove the sellers" is absurd, because no event short of nuclear war or an asteroid strike is going to remove ALL the sellers. Sellers leave here all the time, sometimes voluntarily, sometimes not. And an existing seller or new seller steps up and takes their place.

eBay knows who drives their profits, even if you're in denial about it.

If 10% of SELLERS' buyers are driven offsite by a clunky and inadequate search, as well as checkout issues, now they'll be told they can't pay with paypal, and a multitude of issues that ebay seems to compound on a daily basis, then who suffers from that. Sellers do, and yes, so does your precious ebay.

Message 66 of 80
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@coolections wrote:

I think age also has a lot to do with it. It seems the older the person is the more they hate change. One of the biggest things many don't understand is they only see the change in what effects them. Ebay sees the big picture and how it effects millions.

Well I'm 77 years old and I can understand it. It is my slow pathetic DSL connection that can't understand it. I don't need to wait minutes and minutes while it spins and trys to decide what it needs to do next. If I get forced into SH then I might have to pack up myself and the cat and hang out in the lobby of Ebay so I can get fast connection speed ... think I could just live there? LOL

Not quite as old as you are, and I do understand change. It's just the changes that are done that do not make things easier to use.

It's sort of like one of the local chain grocery online ads.  They have changed the layout of the weekly ad. 329 items on sale. 3 items to a page on a 21" monitor. What were they thinking?  Talk about scrollingupside_down   I have no idea how this shows up on a mobile device, as I do not have one.

Message 67 of 80
latest reply

Thank you for that link, I found the "Classic View" which is far superior to the new format, which looks like it was designed for a child.
Message 68 of 80
latest reply

Yes, it is ridiculous trying to keep track of everything on different pages. The most usless thing is ebay posting messages from buyers whose transactions are completed! I have not seen any way to delete them. Waste of space!

• View buyers’ checkout notes on your main page
Message 69 of 80
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

This is the view that I want.  All my ducks in an up, and down row.

all selling   2.jpeg

Wow!  That brings back good memories.  I had forgotten how nice that was.  Thanks,

DJ

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

I'm with you on this one. Mine just changed and now I can't do my work in here because I have to re-learn everything.

It doesn't matter. They never listen to us. They never change back.
I'm burning out after TWENTY years of selling in here. So much wasted time trying to figure out where everything went and how to use it.

Message 71 of 80
latest reply

'goodluckselling': I'd actually like to know which department of Ebay do you work in?
You haven't 'sold' anything in here for close to a year and with 12 whopping feedback points  I find your comments on how much you LOVE everything that goes on  (that others find troubling) really suspect.

Message 72 of 80
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

'goodluckselling': I'd actually like to know which department of Ebay do you work in?
You haven't 'sold' anything in here for close to a year and with 12 whopping feedback points  I find your comments on how much you LOVE everything that goes on  (that others find troubling) really suspect.

Lots of people use a posting ID. Evaluate the content, not the feedback number.

Message 73 of 80
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

I understand someone who does not use the forum very often to make assumptions like you are doing. 

I am not the only one who uses the seller hub successfully.  I do not have any issues with it.  None!  Everything I do within the seller hub works like I think it should.  I undersdtand why certain things are located in certain areas.  I also know how to do the same thing a couple different ways within the seller hub.

It was beta tested for two years and many changes were made to it during that time frame.  Most I agreed with and some I did not but it did not make me come here and complain about it. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

@goodluckselling

I've been ranting about the overnight change to Seller Hub with no advance notice to the Seller Board.

Well...so as a test and checkup considering the problems now with IS and AI moving categories, I was checking one of my active listings to do a "dummy" revise checking to be sure eBay has not changed up my category or IS. All is well. So I hit cancel revision, then all of a sudden the very compact Active listings roster shows up. Just like it was before this Seller Hub debaucle. With all the columns I had set up previously in the old way. So I then go to my new Summary page, click on active and it is that spread out, larger than life page. So which is it? The compact view or the spread out view where you have to click on the right to make the page fit your 17" laptop? Somebody needs to make a decision on what is what here.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 75 of 80
latest reply