cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay insist on choosing items from my listings at $5.00 and expect me to send of an offer

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Why does eBay insist on choosing items from my listings at $5.00 and expect me to send of an off

They don't expect you to do anything. It's a suggestion you can ignore. I know I do.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Why does eBay insist on choosing items from my listings at $5.00 and expect me to send of an off

I’m ok with not doing it I just wish they would include higher priced items.  Items that have been sitting for some time.   I’m not complaining about the concept!!!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Many of us learn to simply delete all such Ebay messages without even bothering to open and read them.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Offers to watchers are just that. Your opportunity to send an offer to someone new to watching your item. You can send an offer for as little as 5% off, or as much off as you want. You wouldn't take 25 cents less on a 5 dollar item? Then why is it listed here. If you would, then send the offer and get it sold. 

As far as your higher priced stuff, well, obviously no one is watching it. So there is no ability to send an offer. You COULD run a sale on the higher priced stuff. You could lower your price a bit. Lots of things sellers CAN do to spur interest. 

eBay is not the place to list it and forget it. If you want to sell stuff, you need to work it. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I just wish they would include higher priced items.

Most likely your higher priced items have no users eligible for such offers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is choosing you to send offers on items that people have either 'clicked on' or 'put in watch list'.

They are NOT doing it to higher priced items because nobody is clicking on those items so there is nobody to send an 'offer' to. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That’s not necessarily true, I have other higher price items that have watchers that never show up on ‘send offers’ list.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Why does eBay insist on choosing items from my listings at $5.00 and expect me to send of an offer

What makes you think eBay "expects" you to send an offer?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@rostyburcz0 wrote:

I’m ok with not doing it I just wish they would include higher priced items.  Items that have been sitting for some time.   I’m not complaining about the concept!!!

The rules for whether a listing is eligible for "offers to watchers" do not change based on the item price. 

But not all watchers are eligible to receive an offer from you. Users can elect to not receive offers. And even if they don't block offers, Bay also limits the total number of offers a buyer receives so they are not overwhelmed with unsolicited messages.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply