87 REPLIES 87

Re: Why are you still here?

Great answer!!!
- Go For The Game -
Message 76 of 88
latest reply

@smileyshideaway wrote:
It's really hard to keep pushing forward when the ones making the majority of the profit is eBay and the post office! We as sellers hold all the responsibility and they make all the money! I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can find it in you to keep pushing forward!

It zounds like ebay zellers make za vorld go round!

Message 77 of 88
latest reply

@smileyshideaway

@smileyshideaway wrote:
Great answer!!!

Thank you ... it was well thought out ... sort of ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 78 of 88
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

At age 71 I sell a little bit, love to look for items to sell, lets me be creative, keeps  my brain active and delays dementia.

Having health issues plus a brain injury in 2008, my husband and I cannot believe how much of me I've gotten back. My memory is probably better than before. The research I have to put into each piece of my inventory (sometimes hours) has allowed me learn about so many more things.  I could talk about antique and vintage jewelers for hours with names remembered. Silver, well, there's another history lesson.

They say if you don't use it, you lose it. Well sometimes when it's taken away, you can get it back and then some. relieved

Message 79 of 88
latest reply

Reply to oddities and antiquities1
It has also taught my husband to read, learn geography, read and write numbers and letters in proper sequence (dyslexia) and also keeping him from dementia like it does for me. He does the packing and shipping and I'm so glad he has something to do to keep him out of my hair.
Message 80 of 88
latest reply

Because I'm stupid. Perhaps because what you know is easiest.

Message 81 of 88
latest reply

@smileyshideaway

@smileyshideaway wrote:
You are right! I forgot about that commercial. Which you can't blame me, people tend to forget all of eBay's marketing ideas, because they never stick. They never create buzz or a lasting impression on anyone lol

LOL, I think most people "filter" commercials they see over and over to the point where they don't remember them, they either go to the kitchen for a snack, work on the mobile device or flip around channels.  I think the well remembered commercials are the  ones not shown as often or are for something one is looking for.  So what's real commercial mentality these days ... if I see one on off hours or low rate channels or during a B or C movie I think they're trying to advertise but save money too ... when I see them in prime time or see them repeat with some variation I think, ok, that might be a viable product or company ... when I see them during the Superbowl I think are you crazy for spending that much money for a 15 second blurb?  No wonder your prices are SO HIGH!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 82 of 88
latest reply

I've tried everywhere else. Even had a website. It was a lot of work hardly anything in return.  I'm retired collecting my deceased husbands social security. My rent is more than half my income each month. So I am stuck doing the best I can here.

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 83 of 88
latest reply

Here's how I made a million dollars selling on eBay:

I started with 2 million dollars.
Message 84 of 88
latest reply

Trying to learn trying to help off set finances 

Message 85 of 88
latest reply

You know, I ask myself that same question daily.  

If you were to ask me that same question several years ago, I would have a long list of great reasons.  Nowadays, I struggle to come up with that answer.

Message 86 of 88
latest reply

All through 2017 I have been asking myself the same thing.    The latest was finding out that my listings aren't mobile device friendly and having to revise all of them.   Since I went from premium store down to a basic store at the beginning of June, sales have not been good.         

Message 87 of 88
latest reply

I have been accused of being not all there so im not really here.

Message 88 of 88
latest reply