cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a Big Box store get the 'boot' from eBay?

During the past few days I have been following a big box eBay store and am shocked – simply shocked. In my opinion, this store 'is' giving eBay and all sellers a horrible name due the lack shipping orders, refunding outside of eBay and 'no' customer service at all.

It appears this company is refunding customers through PayPal outside of the original payment.

This morning the overall feed back was:

Positives = 3,647------

Neutrals = 155                   88.9%

Negatives = 8,931-----

This big box has had a store since September 22, 2016 and have, as of this post, 8,341 items for sale.

A few minutes ago I check to what had transpired since early this morning and the numbers changed again, they are:

Positives = 3,686------

Neutrals = 159                       88.7%

Negatives = 9,151-----

Here are few the negatives:

~Seller is bad and cancellled the order

~Didn’t shipped the item.Paasa

~Item still has not shipped. Invoice paid no shipping info 7 days later

~Not sent and refunded without asking. Contacted seller and they never reply back

~Dissapointed! Item not received, no communication whatsoever!

~Buyer beware: seller never shipped items amd no communication. SCAM

~Bought, waited a week for 3 items to ship, then cancelled without cause.

~I bought item on sale. Seller refunded paypal with no communication. I want item

~Bad seller, should be banned from selling.

~they cancelled and send my payment on paypal even i dont used pypl

~Seller sent refund in PayPal. No message or email through Ebay.

~Did not fulfill order and cancelled though PayPal to avoid eBay NO REFUND GIVEN

~Ebay told me open case after ship date they have no records of any refunds! 🙂

~Canceled order via PayPal, not Ebay. I did NOT request to cancel.

When I first started keeping an eye on this seller the overall FB percentage was 92% which was 4 days ago. It will be interesting to see of eBay does anything.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: When does a Big Box store get the 'boot' from eBay?

I'll bet there were double that 9000 purchases and 1/2 didn't post feedback as they weren't surprised when the deal went bad...........

I understand the removals.........but just wonder how many of those buyers are now going to be angry because of the removal.......in addition to the non sale. 

Message 76 of 85
latest reply

@autopiacarcare wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

No doubt, when a huge seller such as Adidas runs into a problem it's in the best interest of EVERYONE that the mess gets cleaned up as quickly as possible.

To be clear, I was just throwing out ideas on what I thought was going on, not passing judgement either way. slight_smile

I agree that eBay pretty much had to do something to help them.  Allowing an account that big to go under would not be good. I'm sure with the size of both companies involved here, there were many conversations with legal departments involved trying to sort out the best way forward.

As sellers, I think we can all also appreciate eBay not feeding the trolls that tried to take advantage of the situation and then formed an internet mob to try to bring the brand down when it didn't work out.  The brand and eBay are both already going to suffer some serious PR consequences from this, no need to throw fuel on that fire.

That being said, it sounds like there was little to no communication with a lot of the buyers affected and while refunds outside of the original transaction may have been the best course for the brand and eBay, it seems to have added more confusion and frustration for many of the buyers. That could have a negative impact on the marketplace as a whole, which hurts all of us.

eBay couldn't really just sit by and do nothing, but any action to help the brand risks alienating buyers and other sellers who might feel it is unfair.  I think it's a tough situation and there isn't a perfect solution that could clear it up without any negative consequences.  It will be interesting to see what the fallout is and where things go from here.

Excellent response and completely understandable.  Thank-you.

Message 77 of 85
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I'll bet there were double that 9000 purchases and 1/2 didn't post feedback as they weren't surprised when the deal went bad...........

I understand the removals.........but just wonder how many of those buyers are now going to be angry because of the removal.......in addition to the non sale. 

It will take some time for the dust to settle with Reebok and the overall buyer dissatisfaction may really hurt all of us as sellers.

There were buyers that took advantage of the situation and those buyers alone can easily change this platform because of their actions.  They simply: took advantage, left negatives, complained on social media . . . !

Message 78 of 85
latest reply

They're still busy getting the sanitize treatment of their negative feedback. As fast as they pile up they are being removed. Were over 10,000, now down to 3000 something. Just imagine if none had been removed. 

Should a buyer's honest neg feedback justly deserved be removed? They should have to publicly apologize on their front store page on ebay for their error. Scubbing feedback on big box and banning small sellers for a few errors has gone on long enough. You can be sure they will not have to pay the penalty increase in fees for bad metrics.

Meanwhile, if I get 3 out of stock, I'm booted from the site and so are most of you. 

Message 79 of 85
latest reply

@iaintdoingit wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

It will take some time for the dust to settle with Reebok and the overall buyer dissatisfaction may really hurt all of us as sellers.

There were buyers that took advantage of the situation and those buyers alone can easily change this platform because of their actions.  They simply: took advantage, left negatives, complained on social media . . . !

Yes, they absolutely took advantage. They were scavengers, not buyers. Wonder how many came back and paid the actual price once the "error" was fixed. I'd be surprised if any of them did! They only bought because they wanted the item for practically nothing. Those aren't the type of buyers this site needs!

Message 80 of 85
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:

Yes, they absolutely took advantage. They were scavengers, not buyers. Wonder how many came back and paid the actual price once the "error" was fixed. I'd be surprised if any of them did! They only bought because they wanted the item for practically nothing. Those aren't the type of buyers this site needs!

Ok. 

Let's not have those type of buyers on ebay.

Let's start with not FORCING best offer on seller's listings!

Let's next not allow customer service reps to tell buyers to open not as described instead of having to pay remorse return shipping.

Anyone interested in getting rid of those types of buyers, add your 2c. 

Message 81 of 85
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

I may not have the popular opinion but I think cleaning it up is fine.

If you google around, you'll see that this all went down on June 23/24 -with fixing already in progress on the 24th.  The "deals" were posted many places.  People were flocking to buy and in quantity.  Lots of comments about people not even expecting them to honor the deals but they were buying anyway.  They were talking about the cancellations and how they would neg bomb now.

Believe it or not, some of the orders were shipped.

The negs piled up fast to almost 10k.  I'm sure more would've come in.

Even if it were only 10k sales cancelled, at $50 loss each, that's 1/2 million dollars.  

That kind of loss over a technical error that lasted less than a day... to think that the seller should suck it up and eat the mistake is ridiculous.   

I couldn't imagine eBay not handling this for Reebok in an expeditious manner. 

The problem with that statement is that those items didn't cost THEM that much money.  The reality is probably $10 to $20 per pair, making it more like $100,000 to $200,000. 

While that is still a considerable amount of money, they should be able to easily absorb it.  Cost of doing business.  We hear it all the time. 

Message 82 of 85
latest reply

Yup. Another example of obviously not treating stores equally. 

This begs the question, why are they still getting prime appearance in search?

Some naysayers on here claim there's no issues. But if any other seller were to perform like that, they would be severely punished.

Meanwhile, eBay is guiding traffic to them and putting up front page promotions for the big name sellers with horrid feedback/metrics.

It's all the pattern of declining quality control, which is a shot in the foot of all their claims about "Buyer Expectations".

Message 83 of 85
latest reply

Yup. Another example of obviously not treating stores equally. 

Indeed. bubbles2.jpg

Message 84 of 85
latest reply

They don't. Ebay just scrubs the feedback and lets them continue. IE REEBOK Big stores make ebay a lot of money. You a small seller might make them 1000 a month. Chump change. They will protect their money makers and toss you to the wind as noise.
Message 85 of 85
latest reply