cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do about buyers with a history of leaving negative feedback

Is there anything a seller can do about a buyer that has a history of leaving negative feedback for a specific type of product? In this case, Tommy Hilfiger Aloha, Hawaiian Shirts.  I checked the buyers feedback left for others and he seems to only leave “Fake” … “Not Genuine” negative feedback for this specific type of item.  For what it’s worth, the shirt I sold him is authentic.

I have done all of the things I should do…. Requested feedback removal, blocked the buyer, reported the buyer for a false claim, tried to contact the buyer with no success etc. Even contacted CS… that was a joke…

Anyway, I was denied feedback removal which I expected and received this response from eBay “To keep the feedback system as open and honest as possible, we only remove feedback in a few, very limited cases.”  Somewhat of an oxymoron since buyers can only receive positive feedback…. That’s for another discussion.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What do you do about buyers with a history of leaving negative feedback

@ci1000 wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you   I've pretty much done everything I can do..... Filed a request to remove the negative feedback.... filed again and haven't heard back, it's been 6 days.... spoke with customer support and they said that the decision of the original request , which was a negative, is all that counts and the second request is not valid.  As I said before, this post is about  buyers who have a history of leaving negative feedback.  So far, it doesn't seem like there is much anybody can do...

Hey @ci1000 thanks for the tag.  We take buyer abuse very seriously, and I can assure you that every report is reviewed.  Actions we take against them can range from a warning, all the way up to suspending their activity on eBay.  Of course for security reasons we can't discuss what actions we may take against any particular buyer.  It is also important to remember that many of these actions are not visible to the general public, meaning that if they have a warning or a short term restriction of some sort, it will appear to anyone else that nothing has happened.  However if they are permanently suspended, their account will say they are "No longer a registered user".

Kyle,
eBay
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: What do you do about buyers with a history of leaving negative feedback

kyle@ebay  Thanks Kyle, I really appreciate the info and hope that seller awareness improves as a result of this post and your comment.  I was really happy today to see that another seller posted a response to this buyers neg feedback and has also reported him for abuse.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply