cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did Ebay do to Listing Templates & Create Listing?

Last night listing new item half of the listing specifics are gone from my Template. After created listing it then told me 9 Recommended Specifics - Specifics I had already filled out on my template but were missing during listing creation. I then added the recommended afterword. 

This morning go to list, same thing, back out, go to templates, go into edit to template I'm using, item specifics are missing - a lot of them as is with last night. Back out, go to another template I use for another format, same thing. Back out, go back to templates, select Create Template...same thing, all item specifics are missing except a few + you cannot select Category for the template either - option is missing completely. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: What did Ebay do to Listing Templates & Create Listing?

Probably not, but maybe tied to the fall seller update category changes?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Who knows... their updates are 2 months of issues they created from their update. Just letting all know, item specifics are missing, from template, create new listing etc... the only way to get them is to list the item and then go to it on seller hub listings page and click the link they give for "xx recommended specifics" then they magically appear and can be added. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Who knows... their updates are 2 months of issues they created from their update. Just letting all know, item specifics are missing, from template, create new listing etc... the only way to get them is to list the item and then go to it on seller hub listings page and click the link they give for "xx recommended specifics" then they magically appear and can be added. 

@nuclearomen there have been a few other threads about it too:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-Specifics-Changes/m-p/34017797#M2285137

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Item-specifics-missing-from-original-list...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Vinyl-Records-Category-Far-Fewer-Item-Specifics/m-p/34017465

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Clothing-Item-Specs-Gone-Measurements-are-never-needed-right/m...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-Specifics-Changes/m-p/34017797#M2285137

It's happening across a variety of categories not affected by the category updates announced with the fall update, but of course we know there can be unintended consequences so who knows.

One seller said they noticed some of the missing IS fields popped up when they changed keywords in the title, which makes me think maybe eBay is trying to make it "dynamic" kind of like how some shipping services don't show if the weight and dimensions make the listing not qualify but will show if you change the weight/dim.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Item specifics aren't even available when I create new listings, they're simply gone. I have to go back and edit each individual listing before the item specifics pop up at all. This platform is a dysfunctional mess, as usual.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

An eBay rep was participating on this topic here if you want to follow. I tagged them again to see if any updates.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-specifics-Please-help/m-p/33991175#M2277406

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I'm having the exact same experience this morning, and last night on jeans. most of the IS fields are missing from my template as well as from the "create new listing" form. My current workaround is to bring up one of my live listings and sell similar off of that, a little kludgy but its working for the moment.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

Yep, I have been having the same issue. I requested a callback from CS and reported it.  I hope it gets fixed soon. Having to go back and add item specifics right after submitting a listing is a real time waster. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@valueaddedresource @denimosity @wastingtime101 @gamersbaystore 

yes, yes, and yes...lol, it's all the same with most people, IS are missing from every method of creating listing, be it templates or create from scratch. The ones that are there are few and minimal. Fill them out and then like said have to see the listing on my seller hub listings page for the recommended specifics that are missing (for category of course) ebay puts on as clickable prompt. Click that and the missing fields are there, fill them out and save and they are then on the listing. Have tried to find them various ways none work. They have "Create Custom" feild on the bottom of listing IS creation, but that's useless unless know exactly what the feild name should be etc... 

The point of having templates are so you can have this junk pre-filled out and make listing easier and faster... this is not result of their fall update, it's a result of some employee who has a job they shouldn't be doing in first place that doesn't know what they are doing and implemented the changes anyways. Much like 50% of ebay empolyees. This company is determined to ruin sales at any means possible. Don't care how some take that statement, it's simply true. No company can be this incompetent so much all the time without direct intent to do so. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Yep, I have been having the same issue. I requested a callback from CS and reported it.  I hope it gets fixed soon. Having to go back and add item specifics right after submitting a listing is a real time waster. 

Agree. This has been going on a month and it's getting worse. I found 13 discussion so far with multiple sellers on each one. Across several categories, both web and app listing tools.

I will be really disturbed if this turns out to be intentional (as suggested by Liz above) instead of a bug.

Sell similar has been the best option for me so far because it will pull all fields that are already filled out. So you sometimes have to go back and edit, but if you mostly fill out the same fields it'll help.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

The point of having templates are so you can have this junk pre-filled out and make listing easier and faster... 

100% agree - if this is intentional then listing templates should not be affected. What a pain in the ass this has been.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Agree. This has been going on a month and it's getting worse. I found 13 discussion so far with multiple sellers on each one. Across several categories, both web and app listing tools.

I will be really disturbed if this turns out to be intentional (as suggested by Liz above) instead of a bug.

Sell similar has been the best option for me so far because it will pull all fields that are already filled out. So you sometimes have to go back and edit, but if you mostly fill out the same fields it'll help.

Interesting...I have requested a callback twice for this issue. The first CSR said it was working as intended. I found that difficult to believe, so requested another callback. The second CSR I spoke with is also a seller and she was able to easily replicate the issue and thought it was NOT working as intended. 

Yes, I have been using sell similar, too and that is working fairly well.

I tagged Devon to a thread last week (no response yet) and see now that Kyle is responding to your tag in another thread. Hopefully, we can get this issue taken care of soon.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Yeah, that was a couple weeks ago and Kyle thought it was not intentional. Hopefully he can get us an update this week.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@wastingtime101  I linked to it in the other thread where you tagged blues too, but just for anyone in this thread, here's the post that suggested it may be changing dynamically based on keywords.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-Specifics-Changes/m-p/34017815/highlight/true#M2285141

That also got me thinking that several of the keynotes at Open and other recent communications from eBay have said part of using AI to "improve" the listing process will include automatically filling in IS based on the title, so my guess is this may be related though not sure if it's working as intended or bugged.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@nuclearomen 

@mcdougle4248 I did call and report it, had a ticket made this morning before I posted here. Didn't have any issue with the rep they seen it, understood the issue and made a ticket, apologized they had no power to do anything else. They also said "no tickets were made the issue as of yet" - but as we know, there have been people calling in and reporting the issue - apparently for weeks now. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply