cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, well...eBay acquires Etsy---I didn't see that one coming!

"eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, today announced it has completed its acquisition of Etsy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ETSY), which operates two-sided online marketplaces that connect millions of passionate and creative buyers and sellers around the world..."

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Well, well...eBay acquires Etsy---I didn't see that one coming!

April Fool?

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

@jasal1367 

Your reply makes no sense.  Please stay on the topic. 

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@wifetrained 

It's a joke...April fools?  

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Got me, too! 🤣

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Look you made it to the top search position on Google...no foolin'

Screenshot 2024-04-01 154917.jpg

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I remember the day when this was an April fools joke. Today its called a "conspiracy theory" 😶

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

I remember the day when this was an April fools joke. Today its called a "conspiracy theory" 😶

And every day is April fools day. 😒

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques This was a good one, but sometimes I wish one would buy the other so they could take the best parts of each and make something better. Granted, if that happened, I would want them to keep their identities and style still the same, but I'm thinking the technology behind everything for sellers could be improved - Etsy has no "Local Pickup" solution, eBay does; Etsy's listing preview function is amazing, you can scroll through pictures like a buyer, zoom as a buyer would, etc., eBay's preview is just a static screen shot; eBay has a "Sell one like this" button, Etsy doesn't; a buyer on eBay can purchase UPS, USPS, FedEx, on Etsy, they can just purchase USPS, etc., the list goes on. I would love to see a hybrid in terms of functionality. 

Ironically, in the Etsy forums, sellers will say "we're just becoming like eBay" - I haven't seen it yet, but in the eBay forums, I am sure there are long time sellers that say the same about Etsy. 

It will be interesting to see how all of these selling platforms evolve, merge, and/or disappear in the next 5 years. 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

A poor judgement for the O.P. to post such a thing and get people hyped up. 

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

A better April Fools headline would've been:

"eBay Management Realizes Sellers Are Its Customers. Lowers Fees and Starts Backing Them in Disputes."

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

That's what's coming down the pipe in 2024 election if Biden is re-elected! The affluent want "ONE WORLD ORDER" so they can tell us  poor Americans want to do!

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@my_boston_baked_beans wrote:

That's what's coming down the pipe in 2024 election if Biden is re-elected! The affluent want "ONE WORLD ORDER" so they can tell us  poor Americans wazoo to do!

Fascism 2024?

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Every accusation is a confession.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

The very definition of the psychological term, projection.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

"eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, today announced it has completed its acquisition of Etsy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ETSY), which operates two-sided online marketplaces that connect millions of passionate and creative buyers and sellers around the world..."

Who are you quoting for this from?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 30 of 34
latest reply