cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekends

Why does it seem eBay locks the door for 2-3 days weekends now??  Last weekend Fri-Sun = 0 sales.  This weekend = 1 sale on Fri.  Nothing on Sat/Sun.  Really getting to be a horrible trend!  5-6 straight weekends have been this awful.  Any reason for it?  At least the flea market treated me well.  eBay is making my decision really easy about limited my business here.  Although, how much more limited can it be?!   lol   Have a good night.     🙂

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Weekends

@monstertoybox wrote:

I believe Zamo in another thread was showing you that there has been proof, but it seems to not matter what is shown.

Nope, Zamo ignores to name an item that he cannot find just like you.

Message 46 of 68
latest reply

I have over 1,500 items in my store - I also randomly search for my products and most of the time I cannot find them.  Since Sunday I had one sale, $10.  I do everything I am supposed to do, sales, promo listed, free returns, add new items, etc etc.. Christmas is less than a month away - it has never ever been this bad on here...I am happy for the sellers who are doing great, but no one should ever discount another sellers lack of sales who come here to discuss it as "your items are not selling since no one wants to buy them", etc....it's just not right..we should be helping each other as sellers...thanks for listening..

Message 47 of 68
latest reply

@monstertoybox wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@gmscds 

Since you will not give us an item you cannot find we are suppose to believe Ebay is hiding your items ? You would think if true you would be HAPPY to show facts about such a statement. Ding so would make your statement a fact instead of just a rumor.

Didn’t you just admit (here) that our items are hidden behind some “show all” button. Your statement "Even though you cannot see your listings, they are still there." Means to me (and many other sellers) - your stuff is there, you just can’t see it, which is the definition of being hidden. Trying to claim just because potential buyers can dig down and find our items, that means (to you) that they aren’t hidden?

I believe Zamo in another thread was showing you that there has been proof, but it seems to not matter what is shown. So I'm not sure why that question is constantly asked.

During this time of the year the sales manipulation is blatantly obvious. It is not a rumor, you said that yourself. Unless we just have different definitions of being hidden.

Meh. Consider the source. One trick pony

Anyone can find anything IF they have the exact listing title, so what?

Message 48 of 68
latest reply

I had one of the best weekends in a long time.

Normally 3-4 orders.  This weekend i had more than 10 orders for about 15 items.

I hope this is a trend for the holidays.

Good luck to everyone!

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 49 of 68
latest reply

The fact that eBay hides items is only partially true.  Although, the items are not hidden to everyone, they are definitely only available for some to see.  A friend & I did a search for a sports card; current & sold.  We got different results.  He couldn't see the same active listings that I was & vice versa.  EVERYONE should be able to see EVERY listing!  Enough of that nonsense, eBay!

Message 50 of 68
latest reply

I got so sick of no sales I did something I was reluctant to do yesterday.

I listed 5 items on one of those popular local sales apps

they where items I have yet to list on eBay, before I had all 5 listed I had 2 sold

woke up this morning and had 1 sold and a person interested in another one

Totally shocking, a site with no fees all cash is doing this over a site that I pay for a store and constantly must work at 

no shipping, no fees, no returns and meet new people

I will be adding many more items that I’m ready to “let go” of this week

I just can’t believe that I neglected trying this fir so long

other sites I’m listing on have a steady trickle of sells but here on eBay I feel as if I’m somehow been blocked from being seen or something

It is what it is, we all must do what ever is necessary to get those sells

Perhaps it’s the shipping cost, the new tax thing or some other reason

The one definite is my items are not moving on eBay but they are elsewhere

ebay can afford to lose any of us and not care but I think next year Ebay will see enough sellers jumping ship elsewhere to get concerned 

Good luck other sellers and I wish you all many sells in your own postal zone

Message 51 of 68
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

Nope, nice try though. Ebay TELLS YOU RIGHT THERE ON THE PAGE TO CLICK "SEE ALL" if you want to look at 3,500,000 Disney items. Most buyers DO NOT want to see 3,500,000 Disney items therefore they "CHOOSE" to not click the "see all" button but that is their choice. Your items are not hidden.

You’re funny! 3,500,000 Disney items. Some things are so ridiculous I won’t even respond to them. Any way, that “see all” button is not noticeable. I’ve been on EBay 10 years and didn’t even know about it until this month. How many buyers know about that? The truth is if our items are not showing up in their first results (without having to press another button) they aren’t going to be seen (i.e. hidden) as reflected in how poorly my sales are now, but back at you, good try.

Message 52 of 68
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox wrote:

I believe Zamo in another thread was showing you that there has been proof, but it seems to not matter what is shown.

Nope, Zamo ignores to name an item that he cannot find just like you.

That's odd. 

I seem to remember that I provided screenshots in topics you've seen that actually had items being named for you.

Ah, here's a link with all of it: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Slow-sales-discussion-for-sellers-Nov-2019-Will-we-get-our/m-p...

Here's a quick excerpt: 

"And to the Zumozan or whatever his name is I never read those long winded posts and never saw a screenshot with Ebay hiding his stuff. With that said I have shown him several times that is listings ARE there. "

1) You can see in the links above that you HAVE seen that post with the screenshot, and you even replied to it.

2) It seems you've contradicted yourself, no? If I've never provided you anything, how could you have "shown me that they ARE there"?

Now that I've provided evidence that you asked, it's your turn. How about you show any post where you have "shown me" any item was there, as you have claimed to have done?

The false claims that you've been spreading are very tiring.

Message 53 of 68
latest reply

@coolections wrote:
@gmscds wrote:

I just confirmed what I already knew because I went to two different computers, both while logged off and on, and searched for a few of my items. Nothing came up. Certainly, there is a visibility/throttling issue here.

@gmscds 

Give us the name of the item you cannot find so we can see for ourselves that Ebay is in fact hiding your items.

Freudian slip?

Message 54 of 68
latest reply

@lostweekendshop 

I really like your shop, you seem to have an eye for picking items that people want, and your keywords for your titles are spot on.  Many of the things you're selling are fun to browse through, I can see why people want to buy from you!  May I ask, are you doing your own photography?

Message 55 of 68
latest reply

Friday - 1 sale.  Sat - 0  Sun - 1  Mon - 1  today - 1.  Guess there is no point in checking my eBay out again until tomorrow.   Useless site!   lol    Good luck to us all.    🙂

Message 56 of 68
latest reply

General reply

I have 18 BIN listings with Christmas in the title. Yesterday I did a search for Christmas and then narrowed it down to my category. I couldn't find them even when I searched Nearest First! I tried again with other words in the titles and still nothing. A few hours later 3 did finally come up. Today I can find 15. Where were they yesterday? And where are the other 3?

Message 57 of 68
latest reply

@zamo-zuan 
You're wrong again and have proven nothing. Those links and those screenshots still have not given one of YOUR items you say are hidden. If you know for a fact and have searched your items, you should easily be able to come here immediately when you cannot find you item and post the name of it. I've explained several times how "best match" works. A buyer has the "option" to switch from best match so most of what you are saying is irrelevant. Every site on the internet has best match and buyers know to switch if they do not want a custom search result. Ebay is not hiding anything from your buyers. Please stop spreading false claims as they are tiring.

Message 58 of 68
latest reply

@shevey55 

It can take up to 24 hours to index. If you make a change the index will reindex and take longer. There are more than 5,000,000 items in your category that have to be index. Search is tuff with all your competition. When you search there are so many available you have to be more specific to narrow it down.

Message 59 of 68
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@zamo-zuan 
You're wrong again and have proven nothing. Those links and those screenshots still have not given one of YOUR items you say are hidden. If you know for a fact and have searched your items, you should easily be able to come here immediately when you cannot find you item and post the name of it. I've explained several times how "best match" works. A buyer has the "option" to switch from best match so most of what you are saying is irrelevant. Every site on the internet has best match and buyers know to switch if they do not want a custom search result. Ebay is not hiding anything from your buyers. Please stop spreading false claims as they are tiring.

I'll explain the problem here point by point:

- You can see in those posts that I have given you listings to try.

- You can see that I am literally showing our listings that are not showing up from image to image.

- You can see in those posts that I explained exactly what I did to find those results, so that you or anyone could reproduce the problem yourselves.

- You can see that you DID read the threads and see the screenshots.

- You can see afterwards that you claimed you "never seen it" even though we have evidence that you did since you literally replied to the post with them in it.

- Your comments about best match show you didn't read what was said, because the items did not show up when sorted by price (having nothing to do with best match).

You've given us a confirmation that you are making claims and false accusations when you didn't even look at the information provided in the link.

- You also conveniently ignored the question. You said you have "shown me several times". If this happened, how come you aren't able to show it? In truth, you have never shown me anything. 

It's all just a narrative that you keep spreading where you try to ruin the credibility of anyone who has issues with eBay. Events that never happened will be completed fabricated simply to try to make it look like others issues are not credible. I wish I knew why you spend so much effort trying to attack the credibility of my posts, as well as anyone who has experienced issues on eBay.

It's just straight abusive treatment to community members who are already experiencing problems.

Message 60 of 68
latest reply