cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

We’re currently rolling out a new listing flow in the eBay App, specifically for sports trading cards listed in the Trading Cards Singles category. Select sellers will be automatically opted-in to the new listing flow. 

We welcome your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve the listing experience. You can leave feedback in a comment below or via our survey during the listing process. We’ll update you as we expand eligibility and participation in the new listing flow.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

I didn't know people even listed cards on mobile in the first place. That must be awkward.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

Select sellers will be automatically opted-in to the new listing flow. 

@community_team 

Do you mean select sellers will be automatically enrolled?  The "opted-in" suggests that members would have a choice or "option" to participate or not.  

Is there an "opt-out" feature should the seller not like the 'new listing flow'?  

Where can we read about the specifics of this "new feature" compared to what is going on now? 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

While I list trading cards under another ID, I do not and do not expect to ever use the app and a mobile device to list, ship, or well anything. As long as it doesn't mess with the traditional flow that is fine. Each of my mobile devices is signed into the app with a different account, just for sale alerts, other than that, I dislike them a lot.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I list everything that I sell with the mobile app. I eventually plan on listing Pokemon cards and I planned on doing it with the app. I figured it would be easy to scan the cards that way to Auto populate most of the information and just insert the pictures I had taken with the phone. Is there some reason it would be awkward to use mobile to list cards?

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

When I list cards it is on PC with 3 monitors and a mounted document camera. Camera on one monitor, listing window on another, comp window and card database on the other.  I can list in 30 seconds that way if I am listing similar cards, 60 seconds if it is multiple card types. I know a few card store owners and they list the same way.  

No matter how good they make the mobile app it will always been limited by lack of keyboard and having only 1 tiny screen.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

That makes sense that a computer would be easier if you're using a separate camera. I'm just trying to figure out what my plan of action is going to be to be the most efficient so thanks for sharing your method. I have heard of some people also using scanners. What do you think about that?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I have not been able to make variation listings the past couple of days on my computer with any trading cards categories (sports or non-sports), I wonder if this has something to do with this change? I have a big chunk of my inventory tied up in such listings and a very significant amount of time put into making them, I hope you are not doing away with this format and if so it’s a bad time of year to make these changes. Is there a way to see if we’ve been opted in and a way to get out if we have?

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Again.... Why is eBay making major site changes in December? 100% of IT should be on fixing issues in 4rth quarter, NOT introducing more glitches and bugs during the busiest shopping time of the year....... No other Internet company does this..... Ever... For a reason.....

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Well...there's Etsy.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@community_team wrote:

We welcome your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve the listing experience. You can leave feedback in a comment below or via our survey during the listing process. 

@community_team : Feedback includes answering questions and you have received more than a few in this thread already. Please come back to participate.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Nobody cares 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@community_team 

It has been reported that buyers forced into putting up a default payment source before bidding or making an offer are unable to make use of the VAULT as a result.  Will this new listing experience attend to that problem or should you tell sellers they need to turn the buyer payment requirements OFF since it seems this would discourage sales from the same buyers you want to attract to this category? 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Clear your cookies and history. I say that because I have had the experience you described more than once. Sometimes it's better to create a new variation from scratch than try to reuse a template. Also try using the Brave browser. It's much faster than Chrome without the snags for these types of listings. Works wonders.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Are you adding descriptions to your listings or are you using AI or just don't change the descriptions. That's pretty fast!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply