cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEIRD

I literally just listed an item and someone bought it within 2 minutes of being listed. It wasnt a big ticket item like a cell phone. It was $75.00. Ive been doing this for 10 years and that might be the record for fastest item sold.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: WEIRD

@maynardjameskeenan666 wrote:

I researched the sold price and even if thats the case, how could it be listed, seen, and paid for so fast.  ITS WEIRD.

There are 165 million active users on eBay.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

On eBay, when a buyer searches for a particular thing, he has the option to ask eBay to notify him when/if it does get listed.  Perhaps that buyer had done that. 

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Isn't it just a little sad when someone has an immediate sale and questions it? 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I listed a pair of stamps and they sold before I got the confirmation email 

from ebay that the listing had even started.

Of course I listed them at $2.00 when they should have been $20.00

For me it wasn't sad.   Just "Bang your head on the desk"   stupid.   

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@dirk12955 

...I have done the same......5.00 instead of 50.00

(yes, i honored it...LOL)

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

The 99 cent typo on a 29.99 jacket - ugh.  😣  Oh well - the buyer was very happy!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

A few years ago, I listed an old beat up toy truck.

From the time I hit the publish button and was able to click the next button, it had sold.

Have a great day
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Stamps sell fast I have hundreds following me for them, some of them are actively watching when I list so stamps don't last long.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

There are def some things on my Saved Search list that I'd buy immediately, if they ever came up.  On the selling side, I think the quickest I've had is like an hour.  

The strangest was an athletic event branded shirt I had multiples of.  These shirts had been listed for several years (not unusual in clothing), suddenly 5 of them sold in 1 evening.  5 different buyers, all 0 or 1 FB, all going to different places.   I was certain it was a scam, as I'd never seen anything like it before in my 25 years on Ebay.   I researched every buyer, looking for the scam, but all seemed legit.  I reached out to one of them (the one w/the highest FB of 2 or 3 LOL) & told him what had happened & he wrote back.   The event is annual & that year, they had quit providing shirts to the participants for the first time ever & the event was coming up in a week or so & everyone had to get their own shirt that year. 

Sure enough, when I googled, my listing with multiple quantities was at the top.  All the sales were legit & nothing like that has happened before or since.   I still can't explain why they all came in within about a 4 hour period, after languishing for 2 years, but I told my husband, "this must be what it's like to sell popular stuff on Ebay" LOL.   I'm used to my long tail items. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Could be from a bot. I've sold HP branded toner in the past and I listed 4 and they quite literally sold in less than 30 seconds of listing them. I was mind blown. It's also happened a few times with other things but their are other sellers out their that have saved searches & use bots with set prices that will instantly buy something the second it gets listed if it's in their parameters. Whatever it was, hopefully you find it again lol. cheers.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Its not the record. The record is 2 .8 seconds

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

There are 165 million active users on eBay. I find hard to believe then I have not even got one low ball ridiculous offer on any of the 120 items I have had listed in 7 days, let alone a question or a sale. Of course I absolutly also know that it is because all 165 million dont want any of my items, for any price, that must be why there are no sales now, because gas is high, and you cant eat rocks. But I want to believe it.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I LISTED A PAIR SHOES TODAY LESS THAN A MIN. THEY SOLD THANKYOU GOD

Message 28 of 28
latest reply