cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEIRD

I literally just listed an item and someone bought it within 2 minutes of being listed. It wasnt a big ticket item like a cell phone. It was $75.00. Ive been doing this for 10 years and that might be the record for fastest item sold.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: WEIRD

Congratulations! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Kinda makes you wonder if it was priced too low.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I researched the sold price and even if thats the case, how could it be listed, seen, and paid for so fast.  ITS WEIRD.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

There are apps like Bay Watch notifies a buyer something they are looking for is listed.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

My fastest was about two minutes - a pair of JNCO Slacker jeans.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Nope sorry fastest item for me sold 35 seconds after it went active. Buyer was already watching for it.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

As above, buyer was most likely online as you listed and got a notification, well done and I doubt it does happen that fast very often.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Years ago when I would put up an auction, I would go to the live version right away and tell the wife, Dam, no bids yet.  But 1 time when I went to look right away, I couldn't believe it, it had a bid already. The wife didn't believe me until she came over and looked for herself.  Bad part was it was something of hers I was selling not my own item. Another reason why she didn't trust me that it had a bid already.  I couldn't and still don't know how they looked at the whole listing before bidding.

Turns out the item had multiple bids and it sold to the first bidder. They were happy to win it and told us it was going to be used in a movie and they liked it because it was oversized compared to the normal size you usually find them in and it was going to be a focal point so being bigger it should stand out better they thought.  They were happy and we were happy because it brought good money.   Oh it was an oversize round powder music box.  

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

That's terrific! Congrats and keep up the good work. 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

That happens to me sometimes too.  There is always that nagging feeling that it was priced too low, but I push that thought away.  I would rather it sell than sit around for months.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Yep, that is great when things sell fast but as pointed out above makes a person wonder if it was listed too low for a buy it now price to sell that quick?

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I listed a somewhat desirable record recently, at the time the only one - in that condition - on ebay. In the short time between hitting "list it" and going to look at my "active listings" page (I might have taken a drink of coffee between) it disappeared... someone had already bought it.  I'm sure the buyer was using some app for notification and perhaps buying.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Why?

Happened to me a few times in the old days.

I always worried I’d sold too low when it happened.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Probably on somebody's Watch List and in their Favorites Feed...I've had it happen a number of times over the years. 

Message 15 of 28
latest reply