cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very messing transaction. Need help

I am both a buyer and seller So I am seeking advice from both sides. I made a large purchase from a high number seller. The package was never registered at the PO. He said he left it on the counter. No receipt. I was finally allowed to do a did not receive. He was distraught - no job and this was all he had left. 

Begged me to just wait for  it to show up. I refused. The sale was eventually cancelled and the refund is in progress. Well it showed up. Obviously had been very wet and all codes -zip and tracking were destroyed. Also his return address was destroyed.  All that was left  was our street name and town . Now he wants us to pay him through paypal the full amount. Obviously , I will not and will insist we go through Ebay. 

Two questions:  Should I report this seller? And how do we resurrect this sale through Ebay. Thanks

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Very messing transaction. Need help

I want to know if Ebay keeps fees if you don't ship  the package.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

You could have paid this guy back three times in the time you've wasted on here about this.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@emieo 

The determination of whether fees are refunded is a function of the claim you made, and how it was handled. If the seller voluntarily refunded (without you returning to the case and escalating it i.e. ask eBay to step in) generally the seller will be refunded the fees all except for the non-refundable transaction fee.  

If you escalated the case i.e. asked ebay to step in, eBay would keep all the fees the seller paid on the item price, taxes, shipping, and the transaction fee. 

So how did YOU proceed?  That will be the tell. 

How YOU proceed now will speak to your honesty and character. 

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Should I report this seller?

No.

And how do we resurrect this sale through Ebay

You can't "resurrect" that sale. To pay the seller and have eBay collect the fees they deserve, the sellers needs to make a new listing with "Local Pickup" as the only option, and you buy it and pay for it and mark it as received. 

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

If the OP escalated to get their refund the seller has ALREADY paid ebay their fees.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 20 of 36
latest reply

@emieo wrote:

Do you somehow think that the package was not shipped? Unbelievable 😐

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Obviously it was shipped if it turned up, right?

Guessing the Op has an awful lot of new best buddies.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Well, from the OP's description of the package, the seller may have just chucked it in the river and it miraculously floated downstream until it miraculously washed up on the OP's doorstep.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

Just pay him through PayPal, minus sales tax and what he would have paid in fees, then take off a few dollars for the aggravation.  

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Sounds to me like the seller should get a few extra dollars for the aggravation on this one.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

If the seller did it the right way, eBay would have refunded the fees when he refunded you.  So, if you want to make him whole, just lower what you would pay by about 13%, and don’t include any sales tax.

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Thanks . He and I have already worked it out. I happen to like Ebay and am very willing to pay them their fees. They provide me a great service. I find it interesting that there are no rules for this situation and didn't want to be a contributor to any fraud. I also find it interesting they keep fees if the situation is a certain way. 

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

If eBay was all that worried about their fees in these situations, you can bet they'd have rules.  No rules about this?  What does that tell you?  They're not too worried about it, and you shouldn't be either.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Ask the seller for the return address and the seller can send you the shipping costs via Paypal and then you can just return the item.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Idle curiosity, what do you figure the odds  are on that being the situation?  

Message 30 of 36
latest reply