cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very messing transaction. Need help

I am both a buyer and seller So I am seeking advice from both sides. I made a large purchase from a high number seller. The package was never registered at the PO. He said he left it on the counter. No receipt. I was finally allowed to do a did not receive. He was distraught - no job and this was all he had left. 

Begged me to just wait for  it to show up. I refused. The sale was eventually cancelled and the refund is in progress. Well it showed up. Obviously had been very wet and all codes -zip and tracking were destroyed. Also his return address was destroyed.  All that was left  was our street name and town . Now he wants us to pay him through paypal the full amount. Obviously , I will not and will insist we go through Ebay. 

Two questions:  Should I report this seller? And how do we resurrect this sale through Ebay. Thanks

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Very messing transaction. Need help

In your message, you are depicting yourself as somewhat vengeful.  

What happened with the package was not the seller's fault.  Period.

Do the right thing and pay for your item.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

No, you don't "report" this seller (because there's nothing to "report"), and you don't "resurrect" this sale through eBay (because your claim is closed.)  If you're satisfied with what you bought, then pay him back through PayPal.  As a seller yourself, wouldn't you want it done this way?

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

What would you report the seller for? Seems like the delay and the messed up package took place after it left his hands.  You need to pay now for what you have been refunded for.  

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

He gets the full amount and pays no Ebay fees. I don't think that is right. Ebay sold it and should be paid

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Going through eBay is over. You got a refund. If you want to be honest, the only other thing you can do is pay them through paypal. There is no more "going through eBay". 

Had the tracking actually been destroyed and unreadable, it would not and could not be delivered. 

I don't know why as a buyer you are so concerned with "going through eBay". At this point you received the merchandise, what protections do you think eBay would NOW offer you? If you got what you paid for, it's as described, then what beef do you now have with the seller? Pay them and be honest about it. 

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

What difference does that make to you?  Just send him the item amount and the shipping charge, don't include the sales tax, and everybody is happy.  eBay can probably live without whatever fees they may have lost on this transaction, and besides, that's not your problem.  Put yourself in his shoes.  How would you feel, as a seller, if somebody refused to pay you back for something you sold them, had to refund them for, and then received?

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@emieo 

All the other posters are correct, going thru ebay is now over. Your lucky your buyer suggested this, take it. This did happen to me as a buyer and when my purchase finally showed up after 8 weeks I sent seller a check in full.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

A couple years ago one of my buyers filed on me for a late package, but assured me he would pay if it ever arrived.   It finally did and true to his word, he paid me back.  I'm pretty sure it went through paypal and I was quite thankful.   Ebay should have a better mechanism in place for this type of situation if they wish to be further involved---I feel they don't want to be.   They leave this up to the buyer/seller to figure out.   I'm glad your items made it and it sounds like they arrived intact, so I'd pay the seller.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Wait, what?  You didn't withhold the FVFs from your seller, and then send that directly to eBay to help them stay afloat?  No wonder eBay is going out of business.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

In your message, you are depicting yourself as somewhat vengeful.  

What happened with the package was not the seller's fault.  Period.

Do the right thing and pay for your item.  

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

"Do the right thing and pay for your item."

And pay this poor guy back today.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Now he wants us to pay him through paypal the full amount. Obviously , I will not and will insist we go through Ebay. 

@emieo 

eBay does not provide a method to send money to this seller.  It is typically accomplished through PayPal.  If you forced the refund for INR by asking eBay to step in, instead of waiting as seller "begged",  eBay likely kept the fees that the seller paid anyway.  Do the right thing and pay for your merchandise.

Thanks for posting! 

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

That is an interesting question. There was no receipt by the PO for the package . No tracking number. It just made it here by having the town visible. So Ebay would assume he never sent it. Would they keep his fees for that?

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

"Would they keep his fees for that?"

This is completely irrelevant at this point.  It doesn't make any difference to you.  Just pay this guy back.  If he makes a few extra bucks by not paying FVFs on this one, it's his lucky day, and not of any concern to you.  Hasn't this seller been through enough already on this one without you yanking his chain over FVFs?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

You cannot resurrect this sale through ebay. There is no reason to report seller who broke no rules. You got your merchandise and he deserves his money. The only remedy is to ask for his email address and send him money through paypal.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply