cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very messing transaction. Need help

I am both a buyer and seller So I am seeking advice from both sides. I made a large purchase from a high number seller. The package was never registered at the PO. He said he left it on the counter. No receipt. I was finally allowed to do a did not receive. He was distraught - no job and this was all he had left. 

Begged me to just wait for  it to show up. I refused. The sale was eventually cancelled and the refund is in progress. Well it showed up. Obviously had been very wet and all codes -zip and tracking were destroyed. Also his return address was destroyed.  All that was left  was our street name and town . Now he wants us to pay him through paypal the full amount. Obviously , I will not and will insist we go through Ebay. 

Two questions:  Should I report this seller? And how do we resurrect this sale through Ebay. Thanks

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Very messing transaction. Need help

Actually, he did want me to do that. 

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Wanted you to do what, pay for the item you received after you were refunded? Why not?

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

As a buyer, there have been transactions where I could leave legit negative FB for INAD or late shipping, but I don't  -- because my Dad always taught me not to interfere in someone's livelihood unless something egregious happened.

You received the item -- just pay the seller now. 

You have no clue what's going on in his life. There may be a reason why he slipped up on best shipping practices. 

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@emieo wrote:

That is an interesting question. There was no receipt by the PO for the package . No tracking number. It just made it here by having the town visible. So Ebay would assume he never sent it. Would they keep his fees for that?

You know, as someone who is also selling here, I have no clue why you are making stuff up. USPS is not going to ship a package missing the tracking. The system is automated and those tracking numbers are essential for packages to move through the network. So just stop acting like this was some Devine intervention that you got your package. If it didn't have tracking, it would have never made it to you. 

Secondly, **bleep** do you honestly care about the seller's fees? Are you here trying to justify how it's ok NOT to pay them the price you agreed to pay?! Every post you make, you look the very opposite of honest. An honest person would have just PAID them and moved on. They would not have come here and tried bargaining how they should now pay the seller less, AFTER being refunded AND getting the item. I sure hope Karma puts you and the stuff you are selling, in the same position. 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

So you want the item and your money?

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

@emieo wrote:

Actually, he did want me to do that. 

Well, conveniently you left that out of your original post. You should have just done that .

There is no reason to report this seller.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 36 of 36
latest reply