cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Agreement Update...WOW!

This is a bit disturbing...one more way to generate revenue for Ebay...without Seller consent.

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

Yes folks it's true!

It's Ebay....so they CAN and DO make this stuff up!
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: User Agreement Update...WOW!

eBay is giving itself the legal right to relist items without consent of the seller, this could lead to defects and lawsuits should they move on something like this.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I agree. Not everything I list do I want to go back up. They are taking control of our listed items from our hands. I would have to delete my items before the listing ended losing the best selling time. I just talked to customer support. He says that we need to voice our opinions and maybe we can delete this rule. Let's go back to having a choice--choose "Good to Cancelled" or let us relist on our own.  Please call and complain!!!!!!

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I guess top eBay executives are too dense to simply read the forums to find out what sellers think of them ??

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

3 of my listings got cancelled by ebay after 30 days and put in my UNSOLD list. CS says I did it. I did not. So now ebay will cancel your listing after 30 days even if it is Good til Cancelled, and relist cancelled listing without our knowledge?

Someone posted this topic on todays ebay Chat.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

"I guess top eBay executives are too dense to simply read the forums to find out what sellers think of them ??"

Post in crayon help?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I talked to customer service and was told that 30 day listings will have the option for auto renewal - that there will be a check box for autorenewal.  Said if I list a new BUY IT NOW....I will see that option.  I just looked....it ain't there. 

Mary
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

yah, what's up with that... all fixed price are now good till canceled...what a scam

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

so now all fixed price are good till canceled... ebay just keeps getting worse... time to find another way to make money on the side... soon a brick and mortar store will be cheaper than selling on ebay

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

This better only be an opt-in option. When an item doesn't sell in 30 days, I then decide whether I want to list it at a lower price, depending on how long it's been up. No way do I want them making the decision for me. "Good till canceled" didn't work for me and I stopped that many years ago.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

eBay's New User Agreement (as it applies to eBay sellers as I, Godzilla_Goose,  SEES it) = Managed Orchestrated Tactical Harassment Enraging Righteous Forthright Upstanding Concerned Knowledgeable Individually Named Genuine Businesses Underneath Latest Launched Stupid Horrendous Idiotic Terms

Godzilla_Goose

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

So is this effective immediately as our current 30 day listings roll off? When they relist for you will they just automatically charge you if you don't have enough "free" ones? 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/t...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Start at message 235, if you're not in the reading mood.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I also agree. We are loosing control of our own listing and the way we wish to sell our items. What about people who sell hundreds of items a month, how can they have the time to cancel items before the listing ends,so not to be charged a relisting fee!! This rule is obsured !! I will call customer service and complain as someone else stated. Do we still have the right to voice our option???😏
Message 15 of 23
latest reply