cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

I saved $20 last month in seller fees with the Topseller ratings, for 1 day handling and 30 day returns. After may, Those fee discounts are cut in half. Not worth the hassle to save $10

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

Great job!!
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

I've been selling on Etsy for 9 years.  The volume is much lower.  In the last year, sales have really dropped off.  That's because Etsy keeps making things "better" just like eBay.  Guess where the brand new CEO of Etsy came from?  eBay!!

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

I will not worry about the top rated seller status now. I'm over it. My Feedback hopefully will keep me sustained.. Will try to stick it out on Ebay.....

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

These last 13 days since I stopped being a TRS Plus have been my best on eBay in years!  It is so worth it to give up that measley 10% discount for peace of mind!  No more rushing to beat the mail or driving 10 miles to get a package out on time.  And the sales have not dropped and the sky has not fallen.  I'm with you, no worries!

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

Ebay is now set to save themselves 10% of the fees they would have discounted for me. This news about the changes has taken away the desire to maintain TRS status. Truly not worth the hassle. I guess all good things must come to an end. 

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

No more busting my **bleep** to save 1%.  100% feedback and a Power Seller for years and EBay has the nerve to say they made this decision after consulting us.......right!  When do they ever make a change that benefits its business partners.  It always benefits them.  I've been paying extra for first class packages with tracking to maintain my discount but no more.  I've sent 20 packages with a 49cent stamp in the past 60 days saving over $2 in shipping on each.  That more than makes up for the 1% discount, plus I don't have to worry about 24 hour uploading and 30 day returns.  Plus the fact that EBay has a problem when you put your store in vacation mode....you get dinged for late shipments when selling during the vacation period.  You can't take your family on vacation without EBay penalizing you even though you make it known to your buyers that the ship out date will be after you return.  Total **bleep** that EBay can't fix this problem that has been going on for years.  Their nickel diming of sellers is going to bite them on the **bleep** as sellers look for other options to make a living.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Funny how EBay puts a **bleep** in my message in place of **a..r..s..e** as if to make it look like I'm using fowl language. 

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Plus the fact that EBay has a problem when you put your store in vacation mode....you get dinged for late shipments when selling during the vacation period.  You can't take your family on vacation without EBay penalizing you even though you make it known to your buyers that the ship out date will be after you return. 

Extend your handling time to whatever time frame you will be gone  and you won't get dinged..........

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@megadeals2022 wrote:

Plus the fact that EBay has a problem when you put your store in vacation mode....you get dinged for late shipments when selling during the vacation period.  You can't take your family on vacation without EBay penalizing you even though you make it known to your buyers that the ship out date will be after you return.  Total **bleep** that EBay can't fix this problem that has been going on for years.

I can understand if a seller gets snagged by this once. But after that, if you haven't figured out that you have to either hide your listings or change your handling time, it's on you.

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

I agree there are ways around eBay's silly shipping times when you go on vacation.  However, if eBay were run properly, a person would be able to set their shop in vacation mode, still have their products available for purchase and not be dinged for late shipping if the item is shipped by a specific date the seller selects when they choose the vacation setting.  Having the choice of going through an entire store, even in bulk edit, and resetting handling times or removing items from view, but still paying to have them listed, are not good options.  Until eBay has serious competition, nothing will change except to get worse for sellers.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply