cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

I saved $20 last month in seller fees with the Topseller ratings, for 1 day handling and 30 day returns. After may, Those fee discounts are cut in half. Not worth the hassle to save $10

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

UPDATE Ebay have not contacted me to resolve issus...That did change my compaints about my top seller status, Only Its worse now. I HAVE NOT HAD A SALE SINCE POSTING IN THIS FORUM! And I have 4 sponsered items. Looks like Ebay emperor Is controlling my sales.,,,,

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for responding so quickly down here in this quite place called the discussion board...you are not alone...no action here at all in my listings.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

I am a very small seller but have always retained my TRS  and Bronze/Silverstatus but when ebay announced the lower discount come May 1st,  I began to list with paid shipping and no returns.  My sales have been fine.   On my other ID which is a small store for motorcycle seat covers I changed every listing from free shipping to buyer pays.  Sales OK there too.  I figured that the TRS discount was less than me paying shipping so now I am money ahead.   I try to list items that are unique so not to affected by placement.    I am perfectly happy being a small seller with no demands on me.  I do ship out same or next day so folks can get their items promptly.   The 10% is no longer a motivator.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

@shadycreekcollections wrote:

I HAVE NOT HAD A SALE SINCE POSTING IN THIS FORUM! And I have 4 sponsered items. Looks like Ebay emperor Is controlling my sales.,,,, 

Is that under a different ID?

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

No. Just click on my ID on this page and it think it takes you to my Feedback. (100% positive feedback) Maybe not after me starting this discussion. Or just look me up on Ebay . Advanced search. Find seller

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

@shadycreekcollections wrote:

No. Just click on my ID on this page and it think it takes you to my Feedback. (100% positive feedback) Maybe not after me starting this discussion. Or just look me up on Ebay . Advanced search. Find seller

OK. I see 0 items for sale under your ID.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

Go back and look now. I have my vacation settings on  til Tuesday. I had to revise my vacation settings

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

Maybe that's why you've had no sales? Maybe not because you posted here?

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Spoiler
Why wouldn't someone read these?  I did and the discount is not worth the hasstle, I don't get any extra sales being a top rated seller, you have to pay for promotions to get a sale now a days, so...why bother?
Message 24 of 40
latest reply

I just turned on my vacation setting this morning. 😒

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

I'm not going worry about being top rated anymore. Its not worth the hassle. I am however concerned about Ebay is manipulating the and changing my numbers on stats.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

I agree completely.  When I read about ebay's new big promotion for sellers where they cut TRS earnings in half and give us some free advertising, I was so happy to know that come May 1, I no longer had to jump through their hoops!  Yesterday I reset all my listings in my mid-level store (600+) to 2 day shipping and 14 day returns.  No more killing myself on Sun night to get stuff packed to make the mail in time Mon am.  It seems people just love to shop on the weekends I get to work late, packing their purchases.  I might even go to no returns accepted!  With that $15-$20 I was getting every month in incentives for being a TRS suddenly cut in half, DEFINITELY not worth the hassle!

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

I am and always have been top rated plus or a 5 star seller since 2004. I do between $12,000.00 and $35,000 in business PER MONTH for Ebay. that's a LOT of fees. You think I am appreciated by GREED-bay?? Uhh....that would be a HUGE NO! Now they cut the ONLY real benefit I have, my 20% discount on seller fees? Absolutely disgusting! So I have reverted back to NO RETURNS ACCEPTED. 30 day returns are not worth their insulting 10% discount that is taken up by them charging an incredibly insulting and GREEDY 10% fee on my $2.95 shipping charges!!?? So that forces ME to overcharge my buyer for shipping. Amazing stupidity by GREED-bay.

. I could care less about the "badge". I do exactly the same business. I have a ton of loyal buyers who appreciate my hionesty and quality of antiques & jewelry. Ebay does not. When I have a problem I am LIED to every single time. Each support "person" I talk to in God knows where barely understands English, let alone is sympathetic to my problem. They read off a script and could CARE LESS!!
I'm opening a store on ETSY. I've heard good things. At least they appreciate their sellers there.
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

Just keep taking the abuse. Don't worry..it will get even worse.
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Try ETSY!! I am!
Message 30 of 40
latest reply