cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untrue negative feedback received - Ebay will not help

After selling for many years, I am thoroughly disgusted with eBay not looking out for sellers. I had 100% positive feedback, until receiving this negative comment, "Borderline false listing, harassing communication. Rude!!! Threatening!!!" The buyer messaged me asking how to receive her money back for a false advertisement?! After explaining to her that it was stated in the description that the locket was broken and pictures of the area broken were taken, we asked her to return the item for a full refund. She replied by saying she did not fully read the description or view all pictures and she would not ask for a return, but asked that in the future I try not to make my listings misleading. Very frustrating!! I am always very descriptive. You cannot contact eBay on phone, so I requested feedback to be removed. eBay said they could not remove it. So now any buyer can say I am making a false listing, when the item is accurately described, AND give me a negative feedback??? Not fair!! And in no way did I threaten or harass her. Nor was I rude!!! 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Untrue negative feedback received - Ebay will not help

I hope you blocked that buyer!

So sorry you ended up with this type buyer. Speaking as a buyer, I wouldnt consider that neg if I were to want to buy something from you. I would overlook it

I know that isnt much consolation, but a good/great buyer would easily discount that neg.  

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Thank you for your reply and kind words. I know a negative feedback is not the end of the world. But also, if I am buying something and find 2 sellers with the same price, I will purchase from the 100% feedback vs the 99.8%. It is the principle and eBay not doing what is right! GRRRR! 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Oh, I totally understand!  Its important to you.  I hope you get it removed. It would be doing you and the ebay community a disservice by allowing it to stay

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

They will not do anything for you.  I had a similar situation when the buyer received the item and emailed me "I don't like it.  Want my $$$ back".  I refused and blocked him so he left a malicious neg.  eBay's response to me was "we can't help you as that is his "opinion".

All you can do is shelp it around on your account and ignore it.  It has no consequences unless you get 2 more.  Like baseball 3 strikes and you're out. 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Every long time Ebay seller has experienced that unfortunate scenario, and Ebay has always refused to help the seller.  After 12 months that one negative will disappear from view, and as previously stated most long time buyers will not let that single feedback deter them.  I would leave a response to the feedback and explain what happened.  Frustrating yes, will it cost you a sale in the future, maybe.  Patience my friend, good luck to you.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

eBay isn't helping with anything anymore!  I'm having issues also but not with feedback as I block bidder right away.  I've had two buyers claim that my listing heading stated I was selling more than one item and I wasn't and not in my heading or description.  I have gone round and round with eBay customer service, have been insulted by many of them, and after asking them to have a supervisor email me they are not even answering any of my messages.  I give up and am extremely disappointed in the way I am being treated!!!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

This buyer was testing you for a refund but wanted to keep the item. You offered return, this was not what she wanted, so she left a NFB to pay you back.

1. Contact ebay to remove the feedback again, each agent usually give different response. Also explain the detail especially buyer admitted that she did not fully read the description or view all pictures and she did not want to return either. You had no mistake on this one, this is a unfair NFB.

2. Report the buyer for Buyer demanded something that was not offered in my listing - Requested that I give them a partial refund or discount.

3. Block the buyer.

4. After ebay remove the NFB, do a follow up comment under the FB you left for her.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Yep, the first negative stings the most especially when it isn't warranted. I remember eight years ago when I got dinged for the first time and waited about a year before it went away. I fumed about it for three days and went on my way to new selling records.

What burns me more is when someone hits the neutral feedback button by mistake and leaves positive feedback. If that happens you need to have ebay fix it to a positive because the written part of the feedback is the evidence.

I sell a lot of older knives and had a customer write to complain that out of twelve photos he didn't notice that there was a small spot of rust on the 8" blade. There was a close up of the area as well as a written description. My reply was tongue-in-cheek that he might want to see his optometrist soon. I sold the returned knife to an honest buyer the next week or so.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

If you have not yet done so, reply to that neg.  At the bottom of your feedback page is the link to post a reply to any feedback you received.

I would post something along the lines of:  item description very accurate - buyer stated she did not read the listing.

I'm sorry this happened to you.  Maybe eBay will remove it per the announcement about protecting sellers during these unprecedented times.

I also recently received a neg from a newer buyer.  She purchased 3 adult coloring books for $8.99 with free first class shipping.  She then demanded artist quality paper in the books.  (For $3 each including shipping!!).  I refused - that is not what she paid for - she left me a neg. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Thank you for your information! That is exactly what I was thinking - the buyer wanted their money back without returning item! Ebay is not taking phone calls due to Covid 19. Automated system refers you to the seller help website where you can request a feedback be removed. I did this and it looked like an automated email was sent back saying that the feedback could not be removed. I replied, explaining everything again in more detail. I received another email from eBay stating they could not remove feedback and it was the final decision. I have blocked the buyer. Hopefully when I am able to speak with customer service I will be able to get this removed!
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@firstcoasttreasuretrove 

1.  Everyone receives a neg  or neutral FB every once  in a while.  Not the end of the world.

2.   These will go away after 1 year.  Sellers FB ratings are only for the last 365  or 366 days.

3.  These links maybe be of help to you - only the buyer can revise  FB - eBay won't step in.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/viewing-changing-feedback-left-sellers?id=...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

You offer FREE 30 day returns. Under ebays policy IF you offer FREE 30 or 60 day returns Neutral or Negative feedback is removed. Thats what we read on their policy.
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Ha!! Hopefully at the end of the month eBay will remove the negative when they do their ratings. Very frustrating that they will not help in a time of need. Thank you for this tidbit of info!
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

ebay does not and never will back its sellers but soon they will see that many have left and found other venues
Message 15 of 26
latest reply