cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing promotions EXTENDED through July

Here is some GREAT news for many sellers!!!!  Ebay just announced the following.

On March 17, 2020, we announced all eBay Store subscribers could list up to 50,000 additional fixed price listings free in March and up to 50,000 additional listings free in April in order to test new inventory that buyers may be searching for in the challenging COVID-19 environment. Then on April 2, 2020, we announced that sellers who do not currently have a store would receive 200 additional fixed price and auction listings free to list and sell more during this challenging time.  

These promotions were well received by our sellers  and many of you shared that you’d like to have more time to take full advantage of the free listings. Effective immediately, to make sure you have ample time to bring on new inventory, we’re extending both of these offers through July 31. If you are a store subscriber, you will have 50,000 additional free listings per month for May, June, and July once activated.  All other sellers will receive 200 additional fixed price and auction listings for May, June, and July once the promotion is activated.  

If you have already activated the promotion, you do not need to take any action. Your promotion will automatically be extended through July.

If you are a Store subscriber and have not activated the promotion, you can find complete details and activate the promotion on the promotion page.

For other sellers who don’t currently have a store, if you have not activated the promotion, you can find details and activate on the promotion page.  

Stay up to date on eBay COVID-19 protections and support in the COVID-19 Community Hub.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Listing-promotions-Extended-through-July/ba-p/30871473

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

There is a more active thread on this subject that some may find interesting.  We opened the threads about about the same time.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/The-quot-Listing-promotions-Extended-through-July-quot/m-p/308...

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Awesome! This is going to save sellers a ton of money in listing fees, its very helpful during these difficult times. Sales are quite slow, so its great to be able to add more inventory without having to worry about accruing more fees.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

This is wonderful news and shows eBay is trying to help the sellers in this pandemic time.  Now I can relist the items that are not selling because sales are slow.   Thank you!!

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I just activated the Promo ending 4/30/2020 for auction style, and WAS CHARGED THE FULL LISTING FEE! NO CS due to Corona..so eating the fees until I can settle this with a LIVE PERSON! 

Do not promote nor get excited about ANY eBay free LISTINGS as ALL NEED TO READ THE CONDITIONS AND THE EXCEPTIONS! Do not be quick to jump before you read the entire agreement> OR be prepared to shell out $$$$$

I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE>

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Activated 200 Free listing end 4/30> eBay charged me anyhow despite the offer..anyone else?

READ MY DISCUSSION BEFORE YOU VENTURE AND BELIEVE!!!

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@my_boston_baked_beans wrote:

I just activated the Promo ending 4/30/2020 for auction style, and WAS CHARGED THE FULL LISTING FEE! NO CS due to Corona..so eating the fees until I can settle this with a LIVE PERSON! 

Do not promote nor get excited about ANY eBay free LISTINGS as ALL NEED TO READ THE CONDITIONS AND THE EXCEPTIONS! Do not be quick to jump before you read the entire agreement> OR be prepared to shell out $$$$$

I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE>

Hi @my_boston_baked_beans, I'm happy to clarify that customer service is still available. Go here and select a customer service option at the bottom of the page. 

I also suggest that you go to this page to view all the promotional credits you received on your previous invoice, and here to see promotional credits for your current invoice. You'll also find a list of item numbers that received the promotional insertion fee credit here. I hope that helps!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes because I don't see exclusions in the text, but does the 50k promotion apply to starter stores on a month-to-month subscription? Does anybody know for sure?

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes because I don't see exclusions in the text, but does the 50k promotion apply to starter stores on a month-to-month subscription? Does anybody know for sure?

The 50,000 promo is for store owners ONLY.  The store level or whether or not you have a yearly subscription is not called out in the specifics of the promo.  You can see the specifics in your Seller Hub in the Promo box.  There is a blue link below each promo that gives you the particulars on that promo.

The promo for 200 listings is for anyone that received the offer.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

All sellers without a Store get the 200, no invite required but activation is required.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

All sellers without a Store get the 200, no invite required but activation is required.

If you look at the Promo box in the Seller Hub, you will see there are two different 200 promos.

5.JPG

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The 50,000 promo is for store owners ONLY.  The store level or whether or not you have a yearly subscription is not called out in the specifics of the promo.

Yep, that's exactly what I said above. eBay didn't call out exclusions for starter stores or monthly subscribers. With eBay you never know though so I was asking hoping that somebody that has a monthly starter store could confirm if they got the 50k. My GF was thinking of doing a monthly starter to build up her account during the promo.

You can see the specifics in your Seller Hub in the Promo box.  There is a blue link below each promo that gives you the particulars on that promo.

Thanks, I think everybody knows that.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I have a monthly Starter Store and received the 50,000 free listings promo.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I followed the instructions and activated prior to relisting still got charged

The help link the eBay rep suggests is not specific enough to get a straight answer. 

I would like to have this corrected, bu unable to get to the right CS Billing person via eBay site.

Very frustrating and TOO much double talk to get a confirmed answer.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

It is a smart move on their part. Costs them nothing and can only make eBay look good as a company.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply