cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save or copy templates

Just started yesterday 4/7/2023. Unable to modify the template name field for existing templates or copies.  If you try to populate text in the field and click out or save then the preexisting text reappears and get error the name must be unique. If your debug the page the API error is "Cookie “ds2” has been rejected because it is already expired." I flushed the cookies for the page in Firefox and chrome and didn't make any difference. Not my PC because chrome on my I-phone won't save template copies or modify name field either.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Unable to save or copy templates

Sounds like you are close to identifying what is going on. Nice debugging.

I have read some issues around problems with templates/drafts that sound similar.

Could there be a 3rd party plugin or cookie restriction settings blocking the cookie from being written?

Flushing the cookies may not fix a problem where the write access for dropping the cookie is failing.

Sorry I am not familiar with all the myriad of ways cookies are managed given there are so many browsers/versions/Operating Systems/3rd party tools that may get involved.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was able to create a new listing from scratch without issues, when I tried to save as template had same issue with name field. This time said field cannot be blank.   It deletes any text in the field on save. They must have crushed the template name field on an update last week.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That sounds right. The other poster noted that 'draft copies' were failing but new drafts were ok.

If the cookie context was changed it could be that wires got crossed making anything with that cookie created before a certain date is hitting a conflict. Since I dont think eBay even reads the technical problems forum here it might be helpful to report this via a chat to support (or not)

When I read the 'bugs being tracked' posts I seem to only see issues reported internally, missing the sometimes really good issues posted to the technical problems forum. I will try and spread the word when I see people stuck. My recommendation (which the poster didnt want to follow) was to copy needed drafts by hand somewhere, delete all drafts/templates, then start from scratch using the newer code base.

Nice to hear from someone with good tech skills. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

My frustration is there doesn't seem to be a pathway for technical issue submissions anywhere. Even looked to the developer site, you need to register as a developer first. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm having the same issues. I have about 30 existing templates, and if I try to duplicate an existing template and save it with a new title, eBay comes back with an error that the Listing Template needs a unique title (which it does) and auto-fills with the title of the original listing. I also can not create a new template from scratch. I had no problem 2 days ago.

This happens on a PC using Firefox, a PC using Google Chrome, and on my iPhone in desktop mode from Firefox.

Very frustrating.  Any idea what changed on their side?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@digidude66 

That same error message appeared on the listing creation page when, for some affected users, the shipping service auto-reset upon losing focus (meaning the user clicked out of the field or clicked into a different field). 

Using existing drafts, and new listings from scratch, I tried to test the reset of the shipping service field and did not encounter the disappearing field-data problem; but, in every case, I did see the Firefox debug message 'Cookie “ds2” has been rejected because it is already expired.'   The link for that error displays a JSON set of what looks to be the listing page fields (with a full set of option lists for each of the Item specifics).  So the file is not just a seller's selected data, the JSON file appears to contain all available options (it's massive).

Anyway, the appearance of that error seems to be a marker, but not necessarily the cause of failures, since the error appears even when the data is not reset.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@digidude66 wrote:

My frustration is there doesn't seem to be a pathway for technical issue submissions anywhere. Even looked to the developer site, you need to register as a developer first. 

This is the place to report:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply