cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS

Is anyone else having problems with the USPS delivering packages AGAIN? I send out orders on time daily and then they sit forever somewhere in the inefficient postal pipeline. Every one of my late shipment dings from ebay are the fault of the postal service! First it was COVID for an excuse and then the holidays but doesn't seem like much has changed.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: USPS

Knock on wood... I ship via USPS exclusively and have had no problems (coming or going) throughout any of the messes.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

USPS Shipments going to certain states can still be an adventure.  I ship out of Texas and have 14 states still on my, "probably won't deliver on time list", with the biggest black hole being PA and some of its neighboring states running a close 2nd. 

Anything of value going to those states ships UPS Ground, which has been 100% on time. 

I really don't look for much of a chance on improvement in the foreseeable future.  

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

If you are using tracking, can you see a consistent point where things slow down?

One of the less understood benefits of spoke and hub delivery systems is that if there is a blockage at one hub, shipments can be diverted to a different one fairly quickly.

Speaking of spoke and hub, I had not realized that the system had been invented by the founder of FedEx.  There is a story about that here:https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-70-under-the-influence/clip/15835891-s10e14-one-toke-over-the...

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Knock on wood... I ship via USPS exclusively and have had no problems (coming or going) throughout any of the messes.

I would be knocking for sure, lol.

I had to look to see where you ship from and I reckon Tennessee must be doing a decent job.   Have you heard of any recent problems getting into or thru Memphis?

USPS has been nothing but a major **bleep**-whoopin' for a lot of sellers here and over there on the River. I just had another late one there and many of them arriving on the last estimated delivery date. They used to arrive days early. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I thought Fedex was just expanding the airport hub and spoke system that was in place before shipping adopted it.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

My outbound USPS goes through West Sacramento and generally gets where it is going in 2-3 days. However, there have been a few "lost" packages in the past 6 months, but nothing has failed to get to its destination.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Again? When did they stop having problems?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

About 1 out of 15 of my packages will get hung up somewhere for up to 10 days. Seems to be certain locations...PA, NC, CA, ++ and a few other states. Most customers understand but a few get upset and open a case. Hopefully these shipping  issues will not go against us sellers?? It seems to be mostly first class items? Not sure what is going on ...other than an overload of packages and understaffing. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I'm still getting one or 2 a week, being held up for 2-3 weeks. Just had one stuck in Memphis for 3 weeks, finally show up in Hawaii instead of CA.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I just wrote a post on this...YES YES YES.  Looks like the delays are back.  I'm so frustrated.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Same thing happened to me.  Stuck in Memphis for 3 weeks!  And the buyer put in an INR with their credit card not Ebay so I had to refund.  It was delivered today.  Im so mad.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I no longer use USPS for anything unless the buyer has a PO BOX and I HAVE TO send it that way. They are still too risky to use for INR cases , lost items and wacky tracking mistakes.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Haven't had any real issues here since January.  I just checked the tracking for the seven that I shipped on Friday (one Priority, six First Class) and it looks like four have been delivered already and one will be delivered tomorrow.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Yes,  major problems, I send out everything the day after someone orders it and for some reason, some things get delivered asap and some things are super late and my customers are upset!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply