cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC codes on pre-owned items

I keep getting errors on UPC codes missing in listings. These errors are on pre-owned items of clothing. Where am I suppose to get these UPC codes for used items of clothing? Thanks

“Starting tomorrow whatever life throws at me I’m ducking so it hits somebody else”
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: UPC codes on pre-owned items

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darsdandydeals 

Enter into the UPC field: Does not apply

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

That's what I been doing yet eBay keeps  flagging them. I also sell on another platform and Google flags them as well. Apparently it is a requirement of googles algorithm in order to be seen by google.  But don't know what I'm suppose to do about it.  Thanks

“Starting tomorrow whatever life throws at me I’m ducking so it hits somebody else”
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

ebay should not be denying these it is still a glitch their working on. that being said depending on the  age of the item and maker the upc can be found on the inside tags usually tiny but it is there. not always but always worth a look

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@forgottenape wrote:

ebay should not be denying these it is still a glitch their working on. that being said depending on the  age of the item and maker the upc can be found on the inside tags usually tiny but it is there. not always but always worth a look

Only if the original hang tag is on it. No one puts a UPC on a cloth tag anywhere on an article of clothing.

And the lifespan of that UPC is limited, usually for 1 season for clothing unless a core product, then recycled after 3 years if a company has the  knowledge and system to do it.

You don't use it for used items anyway - you might get stuck on a product page, which might show a brand new item, but if the buyer purchases from there, who knows what they will get and from who.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Having same problem. Found a work around, if you already have a used item listed then click on " sell similar " and does not apply should work

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@darsdandydeals wrote:

I keep getting errors on UPC codes missing in listings. These errors are on pre-owned items of clothing. Where am I suppose to get these UPC codes for used items of clothing? Thanks

I think I read one of the ebay reps say that … if you do not know the upc leave it blank … do not put in does not apply.

brian@ebay   can you confirm this or provide the correct info?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If I don’t click “does not apply” the system won’t let me complete the listing. Its a PITA.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@darsdandydeals wrote:

Hi @darsdandydeals, are you still running into a problem with this? If so, is the listing saved as a draft on your account?

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

IMG_0058.PNGYes still having problems. It lets me list them as does not apply but then eBay flags them. Enclosing screenshot. Thanks

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Not sure where the file went on reply above

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Also am finding several of my listings as "not eligible to promote". Don't understand that either. I looked in help but couldn't find anything on "if item was ineligible" or maybe I just missed it. Thought maybe it had to do with not having upc identifier in the listings, since I think the ineligible ones are pre-owned items as well.

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thanks. The upc's inside the items normally don't work. Sometimes, but rarely. Thanks though

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Was wondering do you have the same listings being shown as "not eligible to promote"?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply